Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

First day of school and Im already calling the principal.

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 78 Replies

Ok so DD went to pre k to this school and now she started kinder today. There were 11 kids in her class and 11 kids in the other Pre-K class. When I drop her off she is all alone in one class (other kids but no her classmates) and all her classmates are together in another class. Poor DD was crushed and looked at me like she was about to cry, after she met the teacher (who is new in the school) was ok. I called the principal and she told me that the kids were separated equally by the other principal before, so I explained to her how is one child all alone and the others all together equal? she said you are right and im going to speak to the sister(is catholic school) and find out what happened. Im waiting for her to call me back, cause if that is the real reason then it wasn't fair to leave DD all alone.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunflowers12
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

definitely weird i like to think its just a mix up but you never really no for sure... 

Kristina514
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
14 moms liked this

I hate to break it to you, but that's life. Do you really think she's going to go all through school with the same kids? She is not "alone". She's with other children her age.

kcook55
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont see what the big deal is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Is not about being alone in life,its about bein fair. You can't tell me that you separated the kids equally when there is only 1 kid in her class and 6 in the other. That's not being equal

Quoting Kristina514:

I hate to break it to you, but that's life. Do you really think she's going to go all through school with the same kids? She is not "alone". She's with other children her age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Many different things factor into what classroom children are placed in--the least being which children were in the same class the year before.  She has an opportunity to make many new friends.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I'm happy she will make new friends and in the end they will meet in 1st grade.And that's what I'm trying to understand what factors played into this decision.

Quoting CometGirl:

Many different things factor into what classroom children are placed in--the least being which children were in the same class the year before.  She has an opportunity to make many new friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DrDoofenshmirtz
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I wouldn't have called in the first place.  She is 5.  She will have new best friends by the end of the week adn they will likely be in recess together and see her old friend's there.  If they change things now it will be a huge pain. 

mbenit4
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Did you expect she always be in the same class with the same kids? I am confused. Or was she in a classroom alone like no one else there?

aetrom
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM
That is hard but she will adjust...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:46 AM
They will be together yes,they will meet in 1st grade. This is a small school where everyone knows each other. It's not about being together for ever Jesus is about doing things equally. She was in pre k with 11kids and now out those 11kids.,1girl and 3boys are with her.

Quoting mbenit4:

Did you expect she always be in the same class with the same kids? I am confused. Or was she in a classroom alone like no one else there?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)