Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you call your child's teacher?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Max
  • 104 Replies

I address all my students' parents formally by their last names. 

There are a couple of parents I've gotten to be on a first name basis with after years of teaching their children. But I don't call parents by first names unless they insist. 

Most parents call me Mrs. Max. Notes come addressed that way and that's how they ask for me by phone. 

What do you call your kids' teachers?

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Mrs. _____.
They all call me Mrs. ___ as well, which I'd almost prefer they call me by my first name, I'm not used to being addressed as an adult yet, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Agree.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Mrs. _____.

They all call me Mrs. ___ as well, which I'd almost prefer they call me by my first name, I'm not used to being addressed as an adult yet, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delirium003
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Same here

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Mrs. _____.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Dang it Max!  This is another one of those parent/teacher questions that I'm the exception to the rule and you know I'm all about following the rules.  lol  At this point, I am on a first name basis with every member of the staff in our school, including the Superintendant.  Although this is something that has happened over the course of having a child in the building for the past 7 years.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I call my daughter's teacher Pat.  I worked with her several years ago.  When I'm addressing her in front of my daughter or talking about her to my daughter, I call her Mrs XXXXX.  I haven't met my son's teachers yet but I would call them Mrs. or Mr XXXX since I don't know them.  Some of my students parents call me by my first name, some call me by Mrs. XXXX and I do the same.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
In school or about school its mrs..... They call me mrs.. And ds last name. I dont like being addresses as mrs, makes me feel old

But at pto meetings and such i call the ones in "close" with by first name. And they.all call me by first name as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Most of my girls' teachers, I've known since I was a kid. So we are on a first name basis. But any new teachers, I call Mr. or Mrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I call them Mrs.____ as they do for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep this. I expect my child to address her teachers with mrs and mr why would i do any different? Thats how i look at it anyway. They can call me by my name or last or just "childs name mom" lol im ok with any. I actually love hearing "hey ks mom!" Lol maybe im odd but i like it.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Mrs. _____.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Yep this. I expect my child to address her teachers with mrs and mr why would i do any different? Thats how i look at it anyway. They can call me by my name or last or just "childs name mom" lol im ok with any. I actually love hearing "hey ks mom!" Lol maybe im odd but i like it.

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Mrs. _____.

I try to call all parents by name. But it gets tricky when the name is different than the child's. So I've been know to go with _____'s mom in a pinch when I don't have the name on hand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)