Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do your kids eat their lunch at school?

Posted by   + Show Post
I throw my sons lunch away every day. Idk what t do anymore. I ask him what he wants, I pack it, and then I throw it away when I get home. I want to just say that he can but lunch every day but I know he doesn't like what they have everyday and then I'm throwing away the money for I'm to buy. I do my best to feed him healthy so I won't pack any lunchables or anything like that. Any ideas on what to do, it's so frustrating!
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (21-23):
alison08
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:22 AM
That's a good idea. Ill probably feel bad, but I can try it.

Quoting Fields456:

Start packing him half of what u are packing ( or minus the amount he isn't eating) that way he still has a good lunch but it is only the amount he will actually eat and if he starts to finish it and complain he is hungry when u get him add A little more each time till u find the perfect amount that he eats and gets full on My dd is 6 1/2 and I had to do that with her and now when I pack her lunch she eats it all

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:26 AM
I don't know. Dd doesn't usually eat much if any of her lunch. The less she eats for breakfast the better chance of her eating lunch. When she doesn't eat lunch she comes home starving so I let her eat the leftovers. I wish I had the magical answer. I'm sure dd has lost a few pounds since school started and now her skirts don't fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 6:35 AM

dont feel bad you will be sending the amount he is eating nothing more nothing less.  and u wont be wasting food yet u know he will be eating what he already is

Quoting alison08:

That's a good idea. Ill probably feel bad, but I can try it.

Quoting Fields456:

Start packing him half of what u are packing ( or minus the amount he isn't eating) that way he still has a good lunch but it is only the amount he will actually eat and if he starts to finish it and complain he is hungry when u get him add A little more each time till u find the perfect amount that he eats and gets full on My dd is 6 1/2 and I had to do that with her and now when I pack her lunch she eats it all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN