Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Poll

Question: What do you wish teachers would do more often?

Options:

Hold frequent parent meetings.

Provide detailed feedback.

Use more technology.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

Please share your ideas with us.

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Replies (21-22):
JuneH
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting aetrom:

I wish the teacher used technology! Then some of the things you miss when you are picking up you still could funind out. :)

That would be awesome! Why not have the homework sheet online so that if my dd forgets it, then I can still download it. Last year they had to copy things off the board for homework - she always got it wrong and then she ALWAYS got in trouble for that. The teacher even phoned me at work a couple of times to yell at me for the homework not being done. (Until I complained to the principal). She's 8! Does the teacher know how to use a computer???? Teachers spend so much time criticising the children here when it can all be blamed on their own poor planning and stupidity.

JuneH
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting MomVsBoys:

More details.  Although this is directed more at our school system than the individual teachers, report cards are a joke here!  They (teachers) have 3 options: meeting grade level expectations, meeting expectations with help, not neeting grade level expectations.  Not real helpful.

Grades should be vauge in elemantary school. You don't want to categorize the child already into ABCD grades or worse - precentages like my dd's school does. It's disgraceful how much pressure that puts on a child that age.

Anyway, I have to go teach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN