Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 9/26/12

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:40 AM
  • 43 Replies

Do you shop at $1 stores or Discount stores (Dollar General, Family Dollar, 5 Below)?

If so, what kind of stuff do you buy there?

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chymerra
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I shop at Five Below. I usually get stocking stuffers (around Christmas), nail polish (for DD), crafts and books.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Sure I do.  We buy cleaning supplies, books, stationary, photo frames, makeup, paper products, etc.--just about anything and everything.

steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I shop at the dollar tree.. Everything is a dollar.. I buy light bulbs, trash bags for the bathroom, christmas decor, dish rags, etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
endurablemist
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Cleaning stuff, crafts, laundry soap, little toys, party supplies, some snacks. I was just at dollar general and they had some college back to scool stuff 75% off. I bought two big laundry bags for $1.75 each, and a set of under the bed cloth totes that was $1.00. I was pretty happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Very rarely. Mostly when it's the closest store when camping and we've forgetten something. I think the last thing I got was a small cutting board at Family Dollar.

_Mrs.H_
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Yes. Normally I go around holidays or if were having a party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Not often anymore but occassionally. I usually end up their for decorations like window clings or plain birthday stuff. It saves a ton at birthday time to buy plain coordinated color things and then just do one or two big character themed things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Nope. It's far enough away that I spend more in gas than I would driving to the store I normally shop at. More in gas means I'm not saving diddly squat on items I might be persuaded to purchase there. If I happen to be in the area for some other reason, and I'm looking for something specific that they might have, sure, I'll pop in and at least look. But that happens so very rarely. Now, when I lived in another state, there was a dollar store across the street from work, and I went there a lot for little treats for the kids in my class. 

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I will shop the dollar tree for birthday wrap or gift bags and bows. No need to spend a ton just to go in the garbage. I also get school workbooks there and hot wheel cars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Quoting CometGirl:

Sure I do.  We buy cleaning supplies, books, stationary, photo frames, makeup, paper products, etc.--just about anything and everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)