Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Xmas gifts?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 47 Replies
What are you getting your kid this year? DD will be 6 in Feb and I don't know what to get her. She already has taken over my kindle fire but it feels weird wrapping it for her lol. I need ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM
My oldest is getting a Kurio tablet and my youngest is getting a playhouse. Those are their main presents. The rest will be things they need. Socks, underwear, hair grooming stuff, clothes (gift card to Old Navy for the oldest so she can pick her own clothes). They will get so many gifts from family and friends that I don't want to get too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Not sure. I know DS (12) would love a Sodastream but I don't buy soda so I'm struggling with this. I'm also thinking of a camera for him not sure about DD, she'd like one of everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:04 PM
My dd will also turning 6 in February. She's getting Lalaloopsy dolls, Monster High dolls,
Littlest Pet Shop stuff, a Dream Lites, Lego Friends sets, a scooter, roller skates, games for her LeapPad, DS and Wii, board games, etc.
mommasaint
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I'm not really sure yet. DH and I were talking about this yesterday.....For their big gifts we are thinking about getting our 9 year old DD a kindle fire. Our 6 year old DD wants a tumbling mat (she's in competitive gymnastics), but I"m not sure where we would easily keep it. 5 year old DD wants a new bike and an an ipod touch. We will get her a new bike for sure. The ipod I'm not sure about, she loves her big sisters and spends hours listening to music and on it, but it seems strange to be considering an ipod for a 5 year old lol. 

We have no clue what to get for our 10 year old DS. He's at a weird stage....he doesn't play with toys and already has a really nice bike that he spends hours on. He bought a kindle fire with his own money already....so we will have to keep brainstorming lol. 

NuttyMomma
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Have yet to figure it out, Besides Hotwheels and arts and craft stuff. My boys are pretty Simple. They just want new items and paper to rip up.

mommybug77
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Quoting coolmommy2x:

Not sure. I know DS (12) would love a Sodastream but I don't buy soda so I'm struggling with this. I'm also thinking of a camera for him not sure about DD, she'd like one of everything!

soda stream was a waste here. Never used it again after the 1st time I took it from the box
manamott
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Tickets to Disneyland!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_desi
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:46 PM
They are getting one present they really really want. The rest will be clothes, things to start decorating their rooms, shoes ect. That year we spent 1000 and they don't even play with the toys. My younger 2 might be a few more toys but they are 3 and 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I've heard very mixed things about it. We bought one for my dad and the kids love to use it. For one, it's a gadget and two, they get to drink soda at my parents' house. LOL! I'm very on the fence.

Quoting mommybug77:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

soda stream was a waste here. Never used it again after the 1st time I took it from the box
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I have no clue. They play most consistantly with cars and trucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN