Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
What are you getting your kid this year? DD will be 6 in Feb and I don't know what to get her. She already has taken over my kindle fire but it feels weird wrapping it for her lol. I need ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Ds is 7. He asked for an Ipod touch, the penguin Dreamlite, and the new Super Mario Bros. 2 game for his 3DS. So those are on my layaway at Toys R Us. I've already bought several stocking stuffers and a few small crafts sets and board games for him, too. My sis is buying him a $50 itunes gc and Legos, I know, and we're going to see if sil would get him an ipod dock/alarm clock thing (she always asks us what to buy him). Grandma will hopefully get him a few Skylanders.

I'm thinking of buying him the new Skylanders Giants game, but wasn't sure if I should buy it for the Wii that we have (he has the regular Skylanders for Wii) or for the Xbox 360 we *should* be receiving in a few weeks (I won the Xbox from the Skittles/Starburst summer promotion back in June and they said they ship after the contest ended 9/5 and to allow 6-8 weeks after that, so I kinda want to wait til we get the Xbox...)

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
have no clue yet
dee1603
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:27 PM
We decided to get dd (5) an outdoor playground. Swing, slide, and monkey bars. She hasn't asked for anything and I'm at a loss for what to get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM
I don't even know this year. I'm sick of buying toys they barely.play with. Some games for their 3DS will be for sure, but other than that I'm at a loss this year!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:35 PM
We think an i pad but that will depend how much she wants to donate. Other then that i will take her shopping why we are visiting family over the holiday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I have a few small toys for my son. Not sure on his big gift yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom21boyn3girls
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I've already started buying x-mas gifts like 2 months ago. I think if you have over 3 kids buy ahead may not get deals bc ur buying early but hey whatever. My 2 older kids have a lot of learning games, plus 1 game system. My kids have way too many toys as it is. I just really wanted to buy them all the learning apps to go with the learning system that they already have. I also wanted to buy them more games to go with the game system that they have. Oh and another princess TV. I got them a big and bright kitchen set, but I set it up for them to play with already.
TroyboysMom
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:08 AM

We're going to Disneyland for two days around Christmas (we go every year). He's also (maybe) getting a new bike. We've already purchased a remote control helicopter, a book about Greek mythology (he'll love it), and another book, and a couple of Harry Potter stocking stuffers. I'm not sure what else we're getting. We'll see.

cav629
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Lol we got our 5 year old sn iPod touch! His room is so full with toys I didn't want to get anymore.

Quoting mommasaint:

I'm not really sure yet. DH and I were talking about this yesterday.....For their big gifts we are thinking about getting our 9 year old DD a kindle fire. Our 6 year old DD wants a tumbling mat (she's in competitive gymnastics), but I"m not sure where we would easily keep it. 5 year old DD wants a new bike and an an ipod touch. We will get her a new bike for sure. The ipod I'm not sure about, she loves her big sisters and spends hours listening to music and on it, but it seems strange to be considering an ipod for a 5 year old lol. 

We have no clue what to get for our 10 year old DS. He's at a weird stage....he doesn't play with toys and already has a really nice bike that he spends hours on. He bought a kindle fire with his own money already....so we will have to keep brainstorming lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:22 AM

I have no clue what I am going to give my son for Christmas.. Check out the Toys rus website or you can ask your daughter to make a wish list.  Your daughter can also create a wish  list online. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN