Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
What are you getting your kid this year? DD will be 6 in Feb and I don't know what to get her. She already has taken over my kindle fire but it feels weird wrapping it for her lol. I need ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
Cindy18
by Cruella on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Instead of I-pod Touch, which has the ability to get on-line, maybe just a cheaper Mp3 player for music only.

Quoting mommasaint:

I'm not really sure yet. DH and I were talking about this yesterday.....For their big gifts we are thinking about getting our 9 year old DD a kindle fire. Our 6 year old DD wants a tumbling mat (she's in competitive gymnastics), but I"m not sure where we would easily keep it. 5 year old DD wants a new bike and an an ipod touch. We will get her a new bike for sure. The ipod I'm not sure about, she loves her big sisters and spends hours listening to music and on it, but it seems strange to be considering an ipod for a 5 year old lol. 

We have no clue what to get for our 10 year old DS. He's at a weird stage....he doesn't play with toys and already has a really nice bike that he spends hours on. He bought a kindle fire with his own money already....so we will have to keep brainstorming lol. 

Xynyth
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I'm thinking about getting my nearly 6 year old and 3 year old a power wheels

dballa
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

My oldest's big gift  is a new bike.  My youngest's big gift is a radio flyer big wheel looking thing that spins out.  I've already started shopping.  They already have plenty of electronic devices so it'll be mostly toys.  I've already bought some Monster High dolls, Novi Star dolls, La Dee Da dolls. some Wii games, DS games and some dinosaurs (my youngest daugher LOVES dinosaurs).  I'm not sure what else I'll be getting.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM
We already have 3 gifts for her...We bought Justin Bieber tickets, bouncy house, and wii babysitting mama for wii....She wants a kindle fire but Im not sure, she got anew ipod touch back in May for her b-day and never use it, she usesmy ipad instead...Not really sure what else...But, its gonna include clothes and pj's
tennisgal
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Sorry, I have boys, lol. My 6yo got a Nook for his bday. He likes it b/c he can listen to Pandora and he can take a library of books with him whenever we leave the house. He doesn't have a lot of apps on it, but he still enjoys it. 

Anyway, my boys are each getting a lego set, my 6yo is getting a pocket knife, my 5yo a telescope, and my 3yo a tool box and then they get something practical as well but im not sure what it is yet. they get three gifts each. 

carakitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

For the Christmas when my DD was 6, we joined my side of the family on a Disney Cruise to celebrate my Mom and Dad's anniversary so going on that was most of DD's Christmas present. She also got a couple of stuffed animals and a hat and scarf set.

This year, I think we might get her a tablet. DH and I haven't really started talking about it yet. A lot of how much we can spend will depend on if I can get a job somewhere or not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will get hired somewhere!

Chymerra
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I have a ton of stuff on lay a way at Toys R Us and can't remember what I put on.

DS's big gift will either be a Innotab 2 or the Leapster Pad 2.

DD's big gift will be a new bike.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:43 AM
if i cant find a job ..nothing..
angelgrl5200
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I don't know yet! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamawolf1103
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Mine is getting a new bike, a barbie dress design studio, "girl" mega blocks,  some clothes, a new bedding set, and some books.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN