Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I'm starting our Christmas shopping soon, so I'm trying to figure out some books. What books would you all recommend for a 6 year old girl? She's not to interested in reading so I'm hoping that with Santa bringing her books might help.

Thanks! =)

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
melissam78
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM
My dd loves the novels by Kate Brian,she's 10 though,she started out w/books about horses,because she LOVES them,my ds w/read anything having to do with cars and dragons so we get him to read by choosing books that peak his interest,if your dd likes princesses,ponies,fairies etc then I would go w/a picture book of that nature and see if she likes it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Dd loves the Junie B Jones books...Walmart.com has most of themfor around $3.00
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

We love the Llama llama books, also Dr. Seuss, especially "The Lorax", and the "Olivia" series.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Mo willems, Dr Seuss, Pinkalicious series.   What are her interests? Maybe a book about her favorite fictional character on tv would be good.

mommatothree01
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Dd loved Junie b jones at that age, as well as Amelia Bedelia. 

psurmont
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM

My 6 year old daughter wants to start reading these, do you just read a chapter a night?

Quoting liveforever:

My 6 year ol dd loves the American Girl books. We already got through the series for Samantha and Felicity. Were reading Josefina now.

liveforever
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM

We usually read 1 or 2 chapters a night. It depends on how much time we have ... if she wants me to read or she wants to read them to me.

Quoting psurmont:

My 6 year old daughter wants to start reading these, do you just read a chapter a night?

Quoting liveforever:

My 6 year ol dd loves the American Girl books. We already got through the series for Samantha and Felicity. Were reading Josefina now.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

The Mercy Watson series by Kate DiCamillo is popular w/ 1st graders here, as well as the Rainbow Magic series, Magic Tree House, Junie B. Jones, and anything by Mo Willems.

My 1st gr dd just discovered the American Girls series.

There are Barbie easy readers, Disney Princess ones, Pinkalicious. Cynthia Rylant has a few easy reader series that are cute; Mr. Putter and Tabby is one of them. One of dd's fave picture books is I Wear My Tutu Everywhere! by Wendy Cheyette Lewison.

PinkieRed
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
My daughter also loved the Junie B Jones series at that age. The Bad Kitty books are great for that age range, too. My 9 year old son started reading those a couple of years ago.

Two of my daughter's favorite books when she was about 6 (these are older books) were Click, Clack, Moo, and the Martha Blah Blah/Martha Speaks books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Ivy and Bean, Frannie K. Stein, Fancy Nancy, Little Critter,
CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN