Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Apple and Pumpkin Picking

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 78 Replies

The last time I went apple picking with my son he was two years old. I love apple picking. Do you go apple or pumpkin picking?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM
6 moms liked this

We go to the same farm for it all! I pay a grand total of 10 bucks a person! We go on hay ride, we get to pick a bag of apples and up to a 10 pound pumpkin and a petting zoo! We have gone each year for 7 years! I think the goat knows my son

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM
We do a Halloween farm, corn maze, animals, activities, trick or treat hayride, and pumpkin picking. :)
Hafsa1
by Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
We've gone one year, they have lots of games for kids, hay rides, corn maze. Lots of nice pics of ds picking apples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We went to the same local farm for years.  It was only $5 for a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkin of any size you wanted.  If you could carry it, you could have it.  My husband got one that was well over 100 lbs the one year, it was funny watching him attempt to load it on the hay wagon to go back to the car.

They also have a petting zoo, corn maze, and a few games that are included in the price.

TroyboysMom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:38 AM

We do both. 

kblpooh
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:52 AM
We attempted yesterday to go apple picking, however there was almost no apples due to a bad crop season. We will go in a few weeks to pick pumpkins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:21 AM

We'll go pumpkin picking in a couple of weeks.  We went apple picking at the beginning of September.  We go every year.

careyphotoo
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:26 AM
We went pumpkin picking last year and this year were going to go apple and pumpkin picking when my sister comes to visit this weekend. I can't wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

We do both every year. The kids love it.

Tracys2
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:26 AM

We go to a pumpkin patch sometimes, but they cut all the pumpkins themselves and also truck lots in. And it's insanely expensive. You pay $20 for a medium pumpkin that's $4-5 at the grocery store, and all you get is to see a couple animals, bouncy house, and there's a pony ride for $10.

Don't know of any apple picking around here. I did it once and loved it! But OTOH we have 3 or 4 apple trees that should start producing next year, so they'll get at least a little of that soon enough :-). Oh, and MIL has 6 or 7 mature trees, and my parents have 2 or 3 but they're 500 and 3000 miles away, so we're not always there at harvest time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)