Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you plan on getting flu shots?

Posted by   + Show Post
We plan on it soon...dd seems to catch everything..
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I have appointments for 4 of them to get them on the 16th, and the one who's WC is the same day will get his then (they are actually all going at once). 

I make it a priority for my kids to get them. Two of them are asthmatic. I would LOVE one as the flu is hell on me (asthmatic) but I fall into the small % that can't have one.

jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I need to get my preschooler a flu shot. Not sure about my oldest yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Nope. I'm pregnant so there's no way I'd risk it and I don't risk them for my son either. He had his check up last week and his pediatrician said he was totally fine with it this year because the flu rates have been very low here recently, the vaccine rate is high, and he doesn't think the vaccine will be very effective this year anyway.
MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I got mine last week. The kids are scheduled for them in a couple of weeks.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM

DH gets it (his choice), but I don't think my boys & I will.  We didn't last year & had no problems.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - did you know that only about 1 out of every 5 or 6 people who have Celiac Disease are diagnosed?  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (42) David (55) Augie (5) Alex (3)

GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Quoting Hafsa1:

No. ds got one a couple years ago given by school and his temp jumped to almost 104 by the evening. Turns out he had strep throat (just the beginning, no signs yet) and the shot accelerated his symptoms.

His doctor (not the same as 2yrs ago) asked if he could get one this year while ds was there for a sick visit, I'm like what?!? No thank you, he's clearly sick and don't need that making it worse!

DH got his on a day when he wasn't feeling that great.  I was rather irritated with him for doing that - he didn't even mention his tummy issues (which he'd had for 3-4 days by then) to the nurse who gave him the shot.  Urghhh  Thankfully it didn't seem to affect him.

confused0701
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Nope!  I refuse to get one after I had one about kill me almost 15 years ago and my daughter is highly allergic to the ingredients in them!

becauseIsaid
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM
No. I never do.neither so.my kids. The flu shot is the one shot that terrifies me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
confused0701
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Depends on the state and wether its a public or private school!  If the school accepts any form of government funding they have to accept an exemption and the flu shot is not a requirement!  Check your state laws or message me and I'll look into it for you!

Quoting DOllfACE-:

My son's school is making it a requirement? I am kind of taken back by how much shots he "Has to" get by "Law"...He's only 5!

PinkParadox
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. All it does is make the flu virus mutate....we're basically breeding stronger and stronger versions of the super flu. People should let their immune system do what it's designed to do on it's own, instead of crippling it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN