Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you plan on getting flu shots?

Posted by   + Show Post
We plan on it soon...dd seems to catch everything..
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (51-60):
cjsbmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

No. I can't tolerate the flu shot, and my son has autism, so we avoid vaccines that I do not deem absolutely necessary.

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Public schools cannot force you to get a flu shot. They can't force you to get immunizations of any kind. Know your rights, people. Most states have guidelines in place to allow you to either opt out for religious or other reasons.

Quoting confused0701:

Depends on the state and wether its a public or private school!  If the school accepts any form of government funding they have to accept an exemption and the flu shot is not a requirement!  Check your state laws or message me and I'll look into it for you!

Quoting DOllfACE-:

My son's school is making it a requirement? I am kind of taken back by how much shots he "Has to" get by "Law"...He's only 5!

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Is this a public school? If so, they can't legally require a flu shot.

Quoting DOllfACE-:

My son's school is making it a requirement? I am kind of taken back by how much shots he "Has to" get by "Law"...He's only 5!

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I just googled and saw that they put this into effect for kids in daycares and preschools and only ages 6 months to 5 years.That is ridiculous. I would not live anywhere that required me to give my child a shot I did not agree with.

How does your pediatrician feel about this? Seeing as how your son is special needs, would the pediatrician write something up saying it is best if he not receive the vaccination?

Quoting DOllfACE-:

It's nj they sent him home with a paper friday. It's such bs all these shots they have to get. He is special needs, so it is pure torture for him.

Quoting confused0701:

Depends on the state and wether its a public or private school!  If the school accepts any form of government funding they have to accept an exemption and the flu shot is not a requirement!  Check your state laws or message me and I'll look into it for you!

Quoting DOllfACE-:

MammaPaparazza
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Got it last weekend, my kids will get on the 27th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robynlo77
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Nope. They years we did, my daughter ended up getting really sick anyway.....

happy2bmom25
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM
No way! we do not vaccinate. The kids rarely get sick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Quoting DOllfACE-:

You can opt out of them. It's hard to do now in NJ, but I found this link:

http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/12/09/21/parents-troubled-by-bill-to-tighten-up-immunization-exemptions/

chcon
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM
If I do this year I have to make an extra trip to the doctor this year since no one is due for a checkup this winter. I'm still considering - but leaning towards doing so since my younger son has asthma - he'd have to get a shot but better a shot than him getting the flu and having respiratory issues.

No plans for myself to get it. I did a few times when I was pregnant but had never bothered before that and haven't really since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyFreeRider
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:47 PM
We normally dont get the flu shots but since youngest DS is going thru some pretty extensive health issues right now, Im thinking this year we better get it done to better protect him from anymore complications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)