Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you plan on getting flu shots?

Posted by   + Show Post
We plan on it soon...dd seems to catch everything..
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (81-90):
soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Nope.  I knew people who got it and would get sicker than me without getting one.

family in the van   Mom of four

BeachMommy07
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM

No, I got it once and got very sick. there are too many different strains

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM
We will this year since we have a newborn. The Older kids are getting them Wednesday. But we usually don't, mostly because I just don't think of it- the ped always mentions it in the summer at the kids well visits, but by the time we think to go its like March, no point by then really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PensFan99
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Not as long as it is combined with the h1n1 shot. I used to always get the plain flu shot, so did ds. But the h1n1 shot is not tested enough for me to feel safe, already reports of nerve damage from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:36 PM
No way, no how
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Dh is the only one that usually does in our house, because he deals with a lot of different customers at work. This year, I'm going to make sure ds and I get them, too. I have a job now in the childcare area at the gym...yeah, tons of germs there. We have parents that just can't miss or reschedule their workout when their kid is sick and therefore just bring them in to share the germs.

mommatothree01
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Yep, we're just waiting for my youngest to feel better.  My dh has always had them, he's military.  I started getting one, along with the kids 7 yrs ago when my oldest ds was diagnosed w/cancer.  While he's now over 5 1/2 yrs in remission after a bone marrow transplant, his immune system will never be 100%.  We do what we can to help protect him.  The thought of losing him to the freaking flu after all he's been through (a very real risk) when all he needs is a simple shot is not an outcome I could live with. 

deadlights86
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Nope. Ds1 has a low immune system and if he gets the shot he gets the flu then gives it to all of us cause he chews on everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by Gracie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

nope

ShandellsBaby
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

nope  we dont get flu shots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN