Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you, or have you named your son what most people might consider a "girl" name? Some examples are Tracy, Shannon, Lindsey and Hilary.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
gracie0221
by Gracie on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I would name my son Peyton. In my opinion the name is geared more towards a girl, but I like it for a boy, but I know it would never fly with dh lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I know lesley, kelly, shannon. Just never met a Lindsey. But then again logan was primarily a boys name when i was growing up and its now mainly a girl name so i see it happening too.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Quoting JulesFairy:

I didnt know lindsey was ever used for boys. I have only girls so i am no help

Yep, it was a boy name back in the day and I actually know 2 men named Lindsey. The same goes for Lesley, Kelly and so on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Quoting chinosruca:

We have a great family friend named Tracy. I also know guys named Dana, Angel and Margot.

Yes, I forgot, Dana and Angel. We have those too.
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Maybe he'd go for it more if you remind him of Peyton Manning : ) 

Quoting gracie0221:

I would name my son Peyton. In my opinion the name is geared more towards a girl, but I like it for a boy, but I know it would never fly with dh lol

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I know a few boys that are names Hayden and now many people think of it as a girl's name.  Both of my boys have very traditional boys names that have always been boys names, girls haven't tried to steal their names just yet.  lol

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

We gave our boys traditional boy names.

One of our old neighbors was an older gentleman named Leslie, and one of dd's friends' dad's name is Stacey.

PoehlerBear1983
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
This is what is happening with names like charlie and frankie

Quoting momtoBrenna:

I named my ds a name that people are starting to appropriate for girls, Quinn. Such as each of the names that you listed started out as male names with the exception of Hilary. This happens a lot. A name starts out male and then people think it's cute for girls and then, over time if becomes a primarily girl name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

My son's name is Mason, but I heard someone say they almost named their girl Mason. I always looked at it as a boys' name though. My other two a Gavin and Damien, I think they are not girls names at all.

miss_AP
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Lets see...the ones I can think of:

Leslie, Lindsey, Kelly, Carol, Pat, Frances, Stacey, Dana, Tracey, Taylor, Jaden, Hayden, Jamie, August, Casey, Ashley, Bailey, Adrian, Avery, Alexis (Alexi is super common in eastern europe), Reese, Jordan, Frankie, Whitney, Tony, Shay, Ainsley, Madison, Adison....that's all I can think that started out as boys and are now girls primarily. 

Then of course there's the new ones: Tyler, Shawn, Charlie, Mason, Blake, Evan, Elliot....

I would name a boy August, Jamie, Casey, Adrian, Tony, Ainsley, Avery, August, Tracey, Taylor and Hayden....but prolly not the others. I went to HS with a boy names Tracey, he was super cool. I also went to school with a boy named Lindsey...he was not ;)

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I've never heard of Hilary for a boy. 

None of those are names I'd choose for my boys. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)