Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Would you, or have you named your son what most people might consider a "girl" name? Some examples are Tracy, Shannon, Lindsey and Hilary.
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
janitablue
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I ask my hubby if would he consider any of those name that were posted  in this post. He said no, but I really like Tracey and Stacey.

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Ashley was originately a male name too

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Quoting JulesFairy:

I didnt know lindsey was ever used for boys. I have only girls so i am no help

Yep, it was a boy name back in the day and I actually know 2 men named Lindsey. The same goes for Lesley, Kelly and so on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I know a guy named Stacey.I always feel weird calling him that.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Shannon, Kelsey & Addison ... that are common girl names in the USA are boy names in England, Ireland and Scotland.

brandyblx
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I think my son's names are traditional "boy" names. I have met a few girls with my youngest son's name....I still think Bryce is more "male sounding" than female,kwim?

Quoting diaperstodating:

I have boys and I didn't do it. I am interested in hearing if anyone did decide to use a "girl" name why they did. It's been a question on my mind for years.

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Jamie's a girls name? I've only ever heard it on boys, and I know a lot of Jamie's, its a nickname for James.

Quoting Kaybean:

I think Jamie is okay for a boy, but not the ones you listed.

Kaybean
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
You've never heard of Jamie for a girl?!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Jamie's a girls name? I've only ever heard it on boys, and I know a lot of Jamie's, its a nickname for James.

Quoting Kaybean:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM

No. In my town, thats like naming your daughter Robert.

Quoting Kaybean:

You've never heard of Jamie for a girl?!

Quoting LucyHarper:

Quoting Kaybean:

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I know a church pastor named Hillary. Most of those names are traditional boys names in other countries, especially Ireland, so the parents are just following their ancestry. I have three male cousins who have "girlish" names, two who are brothers named Emile (em-meal) and Marius (mary-us) and another named Avery, our family is french ancestry-wise, so those are common 100% boys names to us. If my next child, whose due in a month, is a boy, his name will be Robin, which a lot of people on here think is a girls name for some reason. My sons name is Tate, which one person once mistook for a girls name. Then again, looking at some of the names listed on here, I consider names like Adrian, Hayden, Mason, Teagan, Quinn, Jamie, Angel, anything that ends in -son besides Allison, to be a 100% boys name, I live in a pretty traditional small town, here naming your daughter names like those, you might as well be naming her Bob.
my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM
I know a Kim and Kelly. My one sister dated a Shannon, Dana, and a Stacey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)