Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so today some of the kids from my son's class came out with tickets for the circus. my son was not one of them. He said they gave them to kids that got their coloring page done in class and did a good job. he didn't finish. He was pretty upset.

I just said he needs to try harder that kids are going to get prizes for doing a good job from time to time.

I am sad for him though, it is something that is really hard for him, and it is the same teacher who basically said his one coloring page wasn't "great" when it was amazing compared to his normal coloring stuff.

regardless, it seems like circus tickets is an awfully large prize for a prize box?! what do you think?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (11-11):
MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that children should be rewarded for a job well done and a little competition is healthy but circus admission is too big of a reward for coloring a picture. Different kids are blessed with different gifts I know myself I am completely not creative or artistic but academically I was hard to beat I excelled in math and spelling but ask me to draw a pic of a dog or cat and you will have yourself a nice paper to line a bird cage with so the teacher to be fair should have rewards of equal value set for different types of achievement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)