Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Help!!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
So my son is 5 just started kinder and has type 1 diabetes. He recently, last few weeks has been having accidents in class (he never has them at home during the day, sometimes still at night but the diabetes can sometimes cause him to pee a lot) anyway has anyone had experience with their kinder having a lot of accidents? What did te school do? I have a meeting with the school tomorrow ( they initiated it) and I am very nervous. I am sure they are not kicking him out of school or anything I just stress very easily. So has anyone had experience with this? If so what did you do with your child? Thanks for any advise. Also in July we had twin girls so right now he is facing a lot of changes and I am sure that's te cause but I am at a loss on what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lovinglife0682
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
My daughter had a couple accidents due to UTIs. Her teacher asked me to send a change of clothes for her. She also would remind her to g.
cav629
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Been there doing that :( it's like he is just getting busy and not paying attention to his body. We have talked and talked to him it's now where he doesn't even have to ask to go he can just go and the bathroom I in the class room.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My daughter had a couple accidents due to UTIs. Her teacher asked me to send a change of clothes for her. She also would remind her to g.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM
He will out grow it. Most teachers are there to help find solutions. The teacher may just want to talk to you about different options.

Quoting cav629:

Been there doing that :( it's like he is just getting busy and not paying attention to his body. We have talked and talked to him it's now where he doesn't even have to ask to go he can just go and the bathroom I in the class room.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cav629
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Thanks! I am sure that's k it is. I am just a worrier.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

He will out grow it. Most teachers are there to help find solutions. The teacher may just want to talk to you about different options.

Quoting cav629:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN