Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Does your child's school have a mission statement...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

and do you and your child know what it is?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Yep.  Respectful, Responsible, Resourceful.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM

"The mission of _________ Elementary is to provide a nurturing environment in which to develop the mind and character of each student by guiding, encouraging, and challenging them to achieve the academic, creative, and social skills needed for success."

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Given our cultural diversity, students in_________ City Schools will possess lifelong learning skills which will enable each, as unique individuals, to become successful citizens in the global economy.

Tracys2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I hope not, because I think they're a silly waste of time (they spent hours on ours at work and it still came out stupid and nobody has ever used it for anything), but probably there is one.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Our school's mission statement used to hang on a banner by the front door but when they changed entrances the banner was taken down.  I have no idea what the mission statement is.

Pink_Love
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM
P.A.W.S Presistence Always Wills Success is just one of ours P.A.W.S is the acronym for all of them. Mascot is blackcats *rolls eyes* the town next to us are goats and theirs is "Every Kid A Winner" I'm a goat but my kids go to the blackcats, hoping to switch them soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Our mission statement is LAME! "To educate each and every student of XXXXXXXXX school.  If each is successful, all are successful."

Their vision statement is shockingly complex in comparison.

The XXXXXXXXX School is a premier
learning organization combining
rural values with big city cultural and
educational opportunities, integrating traditional
and emerging state-of-the-art pedagogies
in the context of a community-family-student-school
partnership that is technologically advanced
and globally aware - focusing on individual
student success as its number one priority.
AmberRose1122
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM
His old school did, but his new one doesn't. They say the Pledge and they follow the Golden Rules. I think pledges are silly and it didn't help with the bullying and misbehaving that happened in his old school. His old school was in a smaller town inside a small city, and only really focused on football (reminded me of Varsity Blues). His new school is in a small town as well, but it is a college town that has a lot of focus on the arts and history.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Yes, but I have no idea what it is. I can look at the website to find out what it is.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

yes but I don't know it. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)