Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

For the Fairy Lovers

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Emily (6) and I will have the week of New Year's home by ourselves (during the day anyway).  I'm usually working, so I want to make it really special.  Tonight we were brainstorming what we would do.  I found something fairly-like along with a whole host of other random crafts.  Then I kept delving into fairies and came up with a whole week's worth of fairy play - building a fairy house from scratch (book to describe how), enchanted terrarium, Fairy Garden Shrinky Dinks, and building a (pre-made) cardboard fairy house along with making 6 fairies.  We're getting the first book of the Fairy Houses Series of books and the DVD from The Fairy Houses Series - this won a Parent's Choice award.  We are also getting the Fairies Toob, which is supposed to be great. 

Overall, this will cost about $100.  I don't really want to spend that, so my mother and my sister are getting everything for me as my Christmas presents - usually can't think of anything for myself anyway! lol  Actually, we're probably going to get the book on how to build the fairy house now, because I think it will be a work in progress - gathering sticks and stuff like that when we're not in the dead of winter.  I can't wait!  Do your girls love fairies?

Product ImageProduct ImageProduct ImageProduct ImageProduct ImageProduct ImageProduct Image

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Cool stuff My oldest is over the fairy phase & youngest hasn't gotten there yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Dd likes the Rainbow Magic books.

This picture is just one of the mini-series in the series of books. Dd has one of the Dance Fairies series, has read a couple of the Rainbow Fairies series, and has one of the "bigger" super edition ones about a camping fairy.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM

She plays winx club every day.  They are teen fairies.

HairClipQueen
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Thank you for the ideas.  Both my girls love fairies.  Keep them coming with ideas, please.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN