Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

kids not going to the school they are zoned for

Posted by   + Show Post

dies anyone else do this? our school we have chosen for 2 reasons, one is its 6 miles closer and its a better school as far as teachers and academic excellence. we are literally one block south of the cutoffline for the zoning but the one we go to(we used a friends adress0 is only 2 miles away.. and the other one is nearly 9 miles...the kids would have to ride a rus to go there due to my husbands and my work schedule.... think 9 miles is too long or a 5 and 6 yr old to ride....

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
If you had to lie about your address, don't get caught.
Our school is 2 miles away. There's a closer one but they serve the kids on the other side of them I guess.

Our neighbors have two kids in two different schools. Their oldest didn't get a space at our school, they enrolled him at the closer one because there was space. His little brother chose to go to our school because there was a space for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Well, we have 5 elementary schools, 2 middle, and 1 HS (will be 2 in a few years) w/in 2 miles of our home. Lol we do go to our school, a block from our home. :) we have a ton of kids here. Not me specifically. :)

My friend lives in a really crappy neighborhood, although their home is nice, and they take care of it. :) anyway, they send their kids to the school the her hubby went to. His parents still live in the same house. I think they do open enrollment, but she was talking about how she drops her kids off at the grandparents house and they catch the bus, which sounds suspect.
Christy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

My kids go to a school that is 12 miles away. for the school is better.

mommaoftwo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

we only have one of each grade level school................

epaolini
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM

what could really honestly happen if they find out.... its just we want our kids at a better school that is 10 times closer anway. i have also gained employment this yeah at the school to get a foot in the door as i am going to school myself for my teaching degree.

JeremysMom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting epaolini:

what could really honestly happen if they find out.... its just we want our kids at a better school that is 10 times closer anway. i have also gained employment this yeah at the school to get a foot in the door as i am going to school myself for my teaching degree.

Worst case scenario

lorililly
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I FILLED OUT A OUT OF ZONE PAPER..

epaolini
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

our district doesnt do variences.....suks....

anikahaynes1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
9 miles too long. Hahahaha no!!!!!!

My dd rides the bus for 25 miles one way!!!! Plus snow in the winter. It's over an hour ride. So yeah I'd take 9 miles over 25 any day!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poietes
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Yep, we have to open enroll to the school that is closer. In our old school they wouldnt accept open enrollment because they are too big. Now the school we go to is 4 miles away and the district we are in is 11 miles away so yes we open enroll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)