Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

kids not going to the school they are zoned for

Posted by   + Show Post

dies anyone else do this? our school we have chosen for 2 reasons, one is its 6 miles closer and its a better school as far as teachers and academic excellence. we are literally one block south of the cutoffline for the zoning but the one we go to(we used a friends adress0 is only 2 miles away.. and the other one is nearly 9 miles...the kids would have to ride a rus to go there due to my husbands and my work schedule.... think 9 miles is too long or a 5 and 6 yr old to ride....

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Replies (261-270):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

By that same ENTITLEMENT thought process,  EVERY child deserves to live in a huge home in an affluent neighborhood.  My kids would LOVE to live in Beverly Hills in a mansion, but that's not in our forseeable future, so we work within our MEANS.  If you aren't satisfied with your current school, make a LEGAL change.  We live in the "school choice" era.  There are PLENTY of other choices that don't involve stealing others hard earned tax dollars and/or lying about where one lives.  If you don't like the way your schools are funded, then work politically to change it, but otherwise it's theft.  The means do NOT justify the ends.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

EVERY child "deserves" a good education. Your children are no better or deserving than anyone elses. Btw not a shocker to see who "likes" this post and your other one. Welcome to the forum by the way (I noticed you are new...or not)

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

This is ridiculous if you want your kids to go to the "good" school than work for it like everyone else and buy a house in the zoned area if you cant afford it than to bad cry me a river dont lie and break the law it isnt fair to the people that have paid their dues and that actually live in the area and deserve to have their kids go to that school (yes I did say deserve if you have a problem with that then go to school get an education get a job that pays as well as the people in that area and then either rent or buy a home in the area then your kids deserve to be class mates to my kids) bottom line

jillbailey26
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, every child deserves a good education.  It's the parent's job to research where they want to live, what school their child will go to and make sure it's a good school before they even think about living there.  

She didn't say her child(ren) deserve a better education than others.  Just that the children who live in the district, and go to the school they're zoned for, deserve to go to that school more so than the kids who have parents that lie about their address to get them into the school they're not supposed to be in.  When you do that, you're taking away time and resources from the kids who are supposed to be there.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

EVERY child "deserves" a good education. Your children are no better or deserving than anyone elses. Btw not a shocker to see who "likes" this post and your other one. Welcome to the forum by the way (I noticed you are new...or not)

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

This is ridiculous if you want your kids to go to the "good" school than work for it like everyone else and buy a house in the zoned area if you cant afford it than to bad cry me a river dont lie and break the law it isnt fair to the people that have paid their dues and that actually live in the area and deserve to have their kids go to that school (yes I did say deserve if you have a problem with that then go to school get an education get a job that pays as well as the people in that area and then either rent or buy a home in the area then your kids deserve to be class mates to my kids) bottom line

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM
My dd does go to the school she is zones for n we love it I was speaking for those not as fortunate as me its called empathy. And are you implying that not every child deserves an education? You can't be serious. Do you think your children are better than others here's news for you they aren't

Quoting mjande4:

By that same ENTITLEMENT thought process,  EVERY child deserves to live in a huge home in an affluent neighborhood.  My kids would LOVE to live in Beverly Hills in a mansion, but that's not in our forseeable future, so we work within our MEANS.  If you aren't satisfied with your current school, make a LEGAL change.  We live in the "school choice" era.  There are PLENTY of other choices that don't involve stealing others hard earned tax dollars and/or lying about where one lives.  If you don't like the way your schools are funded, then work politically to change it, but otherwise it's theft.  The means do NOT justify the ends.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM

You read what you want to read.  Jillbailey explained it beautifully.  Yes, every child in this country deserves an education, but they don't deserve to steal from others.  IF their parents want a certain school, then research it, buy/rent a home in that area and then you can.  I never said that my kids were better than others, in fact I frequently "fight" for low socioeconomic kids.  However, I do NOT condone lying about where you live.  You clearly,  from several of your responses on different posts,  have a giant chip on your shoulder.  You have made life choices that require you to work harder for the same stature as those who made other choices that led to earlier success.  Your "single mom" saga is not my problem, nor should it be.  As another poster said, if you want to live in a nicer area and have access to nicer amenitites, including top notch public schools, then work hard, get a degree, get a good job and do NOT procreate before you are financially able to meet those goals.  It's really not rocket science.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

My dd does go to the school she is zones for n we love it I was speaking for those not as fortunate as me its called empathy. And are you implying that not every child deserves an education? You can't be serious. Do you think your children are better than others here's news for you they aren't

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else I dont have a single mom saga yes i am a single mom but im not strugging at all I have struggled but i am very comfortable in my life presently and I am one semester away from getting my Bachelor's degree so you need to get your facts right you are the one with the chip on her shoulder

Quoting mjande4:

You read what you want to read.  Jillbailey explained it beautifully.  Yes, every child in this country deserves an education, but they don't deserve to steal from others.  IF their parents want a certain school, then research it, buy/rent a home in that area and then you can.  I never said that my kids were better than others, in fact I frequently "fight" for low socioeconomic kids.  However, I do NOT condone lying about where you live.  You clearly,  from several of your responses on different posts,  have a giant chip on your shoulder.  You have made life choices that require you to work harder for the same stature as those who made other choices that led to earlier success.  Your "single mom" saga is not my problem, nor should it be.  As another poster said, if you want to live in a nicer area and have access to nicer amenitites, including top notch public schools, then work hard, get a degree, get a good job and do NOT procreate before you are financially able to meet those goals.  It's really not rocket science.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I don't think that I am confused at all.  You lived with your parents for a while.  Your dad is a great supporter and you are a single mom who consistently states that the rest of society should realize that not everyone has it so well and should accomodate those that haven't made good life decisions.  I'm quite certain the chip is yours.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else I dont have a single mom saga yes i am a single mom but im not strugging at all I have struggled but i am very comfortable in my life presently and I am one semester away from getting my Bachelor's degree so you need to get your facts right you are the one with the chip on her shoulder

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Quoting spoiledsowhat:

MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM

wow are you a creepy stalker or what do you know my address and name to

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

You post the same song and dance in every thread.  LOL  If I was going to stalk someone it would be one with a lot more education and common sense then you. 

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM

so then you admit you are a stalker.

what is your obsession with me you dont even know me. Am I hitting some sensitive subjects for you? Thats life you just need to learn to not let people get to you so much.

Quoting mjande4:

You post the same song and dance in every thread.  LOL  If I was going to stalk someone it would be one with a lot more education and common sense then you. 

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I've been part of this group for a LONG time.  If anyone is obsessed it's you.  It's just painfully obvious how young, undereducated, and entitled you are.  If you are going to play with the "big girls", then you need to put your security blanket away.  You aren't in my league and frankly from what I can see, will never be.  I do, however, commend you for finally getting a degree.  This is the best tool to better your life for you and your daughter.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

so then you admit you are a stalker.

what is your obsession with me you dont even know me. Am I hitting some sensitive subjects for you? Thats life you just need to learn to not let people get to you so much.

Quoting mjande4:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)