Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son has two school projects for this month.  My son decided to choice my hertiage for  one of his  school projects.  I should feel flatter ,but I said why didn't he chose his dad he is New Yorker. He needs lot of pictures. The next project is build a miniture Native American Communitie for social studies.

I have love hate relationship for school project.Sometime it can be fun, tedious, ...........

Is there any school projects that are due for child  or child has already done a school project? Do you help the child or let them do the school project on their own? Do you love or hate school projects?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Replies (11-13):
periwinkle163
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I actually have a lot of fun helping with them. DS just turned in a project about his hometown. We have a deal, he has to do all of the real work but I will help with ideas. Science fair is up next, we are already planning a fun project.

GagaNTattooS
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I love school projects
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't hate them, I learn stuff, too. It can get tedious, it is family project, though. My husband is creative with design so he's incharge (with approval from ds)of title things the top title or teeny titles for a poster board or another type. I'm in charge of teaching research through the internet and actual books :) How to pick out overall important this ...PLUS how to help him find obscure details. He is in charge of writing the snippets or paper. It makes it less of a daunting task for him, and is makes it more fun for all of us to learn with him. (for instance, our Magellan project taught us that when he hit Madagascar, he described penguins as "birds that you did not pluck, but skinned" eww! but interesting all the same.
He does the research with me, we put the project together as a fam and he does the placement and glueing, after he happy with placement. It makes it less tedious (although, I'll admit, I have been annoyed with a "B" before just because of the "rubric scale" (it is highly subjective!)
But the fact that we learn new things with him, keeps us on our toes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN