Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

WOW!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

My kids have been in school for 5 weeks now and my son who is 5 and in Kinder this year has pretty much just learned his letters because he didn't quite know them all, well I have been working on him so that as we learn what the letter is we also learn the sound all at once, so now he is starting to read small words.  Today he is sitting on the couch writting words he sounds out all by himself.  He brought me his paper with "citn" written on it, now I know that it isn't spelled right, kitten, but he all by himself figured out the sounds in the word and what letters also make the sounds he needed and he did it all by himself, he also figured out how to tie his own shoes in only 2 days of trying and practicing, not bad at all for a little boy who usually can't sit still and pay attention for more than a minute or too, so anyone else out there proud of their little one's this school year?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Yes very much. my first grader is better at math than me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Yes.  September was review material for her class though so she was bored.  We are constantly working on her handwriting since it seemed to have regressed again.  She loves to read books to me or daddy and have us read them to her.  We arent doing chapter books though just simple books like Mo Willems and such.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Last year in kindergarten she learned the word "chrysalis" (sp?) which is what a butterfly lives in during the process of changing.  She didn't know how to spell it of course but that is a big word for a 5 yr old to know and use properly in a sentence.

Kris_PBG
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Congrats momma! Sound like your kiddo is doing well!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN