Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Deodorant

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, I just had a question I am not sure what to do about. My 6 year old DS shower daily and is active a normal amount during the day and he just always seems to be a smelly little guy.  I have tried having him shower in the morning and then at night. I have made sure he washes underneath his arms very well just nothing seems to matter. My next option to me seems to be deodorant. I have a few friends that have children around the same age but they are girls and don't have this issue so I don't know if this is common for boys or... really I'm just at a loss. Does anyone have this problem personally with their small kids? Thank you so much for your help

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Can you smell him from across the room? Or are you getting all up in there to smell him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Not across the room but from the end of couch to the other yep. And it's not a sweaty kid smell it's a musky man smell it's pretty strong

jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Have you tried different body washes or soaps? I have a 6 year old son. He get sweaty plays hard etc but I don't ever smell him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwynn
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM
My 8 year old started needing deodorant about a year ago. Not daily but several times a week he puts it on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Yeah I tried quite a few he also has sensitive skin so it's a process trying new soaps lol but none of them have seemed to help much.

jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Try to look for the most natural kind if you find you need to go that route with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshinebee0502
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

That's where I'm heading pretty much. I don't want him to be a stinky kid at school so for the time being we are doing the shower morning routine but I work full time and go to school full time I can't promise I will be able to do this all year.

Quoting Arwynn:

My 8 year old started needing deodorant about a year ago. Not daily but several times a week he puts it on.

nzumbrun
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM

My DD needed deodorant at around that age. I have a son thats 8 and he doesn't need it yet

Iconoclast
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

We had the same problem with my daughter.  She is seven and uses deodorant daily. 

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no experience with this yet but several other posts on here ha e stated that kids are needing these things younger and younger. I wouldnt stick an age on something like that, when he needs it he needs it. But if you dont want to go that route just yet maybe a deoderant body wash? Or like dove its suppose to be a mild deoderant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN