Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Need help!!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
My oldest dd (6 yrs) has been sick this weekend. Just looked like a head cold. Low grade fever, no green snot, stuffy nose sore throat kind of stuff. This morning she woke up feeling better. Fever is gone. About 6 pm she started complaining her ear hurt. I gave her Motrin and she went to bed a few hours later. Then she woke up crying and it hurt real bad. I cleaned it with a qtip (did not shove it in, just barely put it in and was gentle) and it was bleeding. Called the dr and followed their instructions for relieving the pain. She is sleeping comfortably now.

Now the problem. I need to take her to the dr tomorrow and i know she will need meds. I have literally no money until Thursday when we get paid (dh and I both had health issues that required hospitilization at the beginning of the year so we are drowning in medical debt along with still dealing with debt caused by my ex husband- long story that isn't relevant). I know the dr will let me pay him when I get paid. But cvs will not extend the same courtesy. (Duh).

Does your pedi carry samples of antibiotics in his/her office? I'm praying that it is a common practice for most pedis.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cav629
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:12 AM
It depends on what they prescribe her. Most oral antibiotics don't have samples but antibiotic ear drops sometimes do. I work in a pharmacy and always see coupons for new ear drops and sometimes oral antibiotics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2bys1227
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM
They may, just ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM

All you can do is ask.  They may have something set up for children for compassionate care where you can put off paying or the medicine may be lower cost.   We had to do that with dd when she was throwing up for 12 hrs straight.  The hospital has a compassionate care clause so we were able to get her medicine (enough until we got to her regular doctor) for free.

Donna2468403
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Quoting momof2bys1227:

They may, just ask.

You could also try your local health department. They may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)