Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do your kids have their own tv? and more?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 153 Replies

Do your children have their own tv?  If so, is it in the play room or bed room?  My boys have a tv in their bed room but it does not work for any tv veiwing.  They get to watch dvds on the weekends.  They are 7 and 5.  Just wanting to know what the norm is.  It used to be in the play room, but that room turned into baby brothers nursery over the summer.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM
My 9 year old has a tv, a Wii, a DVD player, a Kindle, a mini-laptop and a cell phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM
They have a TV and computer. It used to be hubs and my room. It's very big. My room now cannot fit the TV or computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM

My son does have a little one is his room that is used a few times a year for their old v-smile or tetris. It is not hooked up to anything else

jillbailey26
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Our boys (9 & 8) do have a TV in their bedroom.  Since we don't have cable, they have a Wii in there to access Netflix.

Our daughter (4) doesn't have a TV in her room, but downstairs we turned our formal dining room (we have an eat in kitchen) into a second living room.  Mainly for the kids so I don't have to watch Dora or Word World.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old does not have a tv in her room.
uriahadel
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Yes and it is in their room and play room but they barely get to use them... we have strict rules for tv priviledges
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My 17 year old has a T.V. in his room, but he isn't allowed to watch it unless he has permission. My 5 year old does not have a T.V. in her room. There is also a T.V. in the play room and in the game room, but again, they aren't watched without permission and they are very, very limited.

The Wii and XBox are in the play room and are limited, as well.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
No and they won't until they move out and go to college.
AleaKat
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Both my. 5 yr old and 3 yr old have tvs in their rooms. 5 yr old has a wii and gets tv in his room on the weekends
3. Yr old has one cause hubby and I watch our shoes on the living room sometimes and big brothers room isn't exactly toddler proof so they watch their shows in there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. None of us have a personal tv. In fact, we don't have cable; we usually watch movies as a family. I had one growin up though lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN