Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- Parvo

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Our little buddy is sitting in the animal hospital now trying to recover from parvo.  He came down with it on Friday.  We called the vet on Sunday and we brought him in to get a shot to stop throwing up, gave us some pills to stop the vomiting and antibotics.  He couldn't keep it down so we took him in to get on an iv.  Right now he is stable, no vomiting or diarrhea since he's been there.  No appetite and won't be able to come home till he does eat.  Vet is more worried about a second infection killing him than parvo at this point because his cbc count was real low.  Please pray that our four legged friend gets better.  he's only 8 months, been a part of our family for 6.

family in the van   Mom of four

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pink_Love
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Praying for him make sure u spray bleach all in your yard. My old dog got it, we went through the same thing, we gave him orange gatorade for the electrolytes. Our passed away 2 years later when he got kicked by a cow. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM
As a puppy he's got a long, rough ride :( I hope he gets better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
party_of_5
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Sending prayers. He will be fine. My uncle adopted a fur baby & she came down with parvo. She recovered from it, but she fried a few brain cells from the fever. She is about 12 yrs old now.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Wow, how scary.  I hope that your dog gets well soon.  Our dog is vaccinated against Parvo, so it isn't a concern for us.

jen113000
by Jenna on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Hope your dog is doing much better today! Good thoughts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I hope he gets better soon. Sending good vibes your way.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
I hope he is doing better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Thanks for the well wishes!  Bear is home and though he's not himself yet, he's better.  Just a matter of time and he will be himself!

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)