Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Geez, bad day?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
I went to do homework with my 1st grader and he starts yelling NO repeatedly when I asked why he keeps reverting back to his way of writing letters incorrectly. After yelling at me, he told me he didn't like me. So I sent him to his room until he could behave.
He comes down and does most of his work. I pointed out that he wrote a few numbers backwards and as I went to erase, he was throwing his hand around and accidentally stabbed me in the thumb with the pencil. I played it up to show him that it hurt and I could see him realize that he needed to calm down.

We had a chat, all he said was that he was hungry today. But he's always hungry so I dunno what the deal is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambercates
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Boys and writing don't mix!! My 5 yr old gets so upset if I tell him to make his letters or numbers neater. He will run off, and get so upset if I criticize him! I'm a teacher, and it's rare that young boys like to write!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Who knows.  Maybe his teacher was on him about writing his letters backwards a lot today.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Also it could be that he is extra tired for one reason or another or coming down with a cold.  My boys are extra emotional when tired or starting a cold.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM
He's getting over a sinus infection. He slept pretty well last night, from like 9pm until 8:10 in the morning. But I guess he could have been tired too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM
My son is crabby when he's tired and hungry!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hugs  I hope tommorrow will be a better day for you and your son.

soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Who knows.  Maybe his teacher was on him about writing his letters backwards a lot today.

family in the van   Mom of four

aetrom
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Ugh....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMom8207
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Lol my son is the same hes happy to do homework but god forbid i tell him to redo some of his work .

boy kissing mombootreat those that are older than you as your grandparents, those your own age as your brothers and sisters, and those who are younger than you as your children. the world is one big family. -master cheng yen-

Chymerra
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM

My DD was like that yesterday too. Turns out that the school had a practice lockdown and one of her friends was mad at her. Once she got that off her chest, she was fine. But man, before that. It took her 45 mins to do 3 papers of homework.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)