Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Flashing at school? In SECOND GRADE?!?!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 42 Replies
So my son came home today and said, hey mom can I tell you something? Of course I said yes and he goes, at lunch recess this girl, A, lifted her shirt so me and my friends could see her... Ya know.. (And pointed to his chest). Then he said, all I saw was her belly and then I covered my eyes but my friends G and E looked and then she tried to kiss G!

So, I'm like.. Wtf.. And called the teacher. She said just real quick, oh okay well I'll talk to her and tell the lunch ladies so they can watch out.

I was kinda like, uh... Okay. And let her go, but really I'm thinking.. Shouldn't her parents be aware? I mean.. That is completely inappropriate, these kids are 7 years old. Sometimes I feel like I have to go up to the school and babysit the kids so stuff like this doesn't happen.. Shouldn't they be giving me some kind of plan of action so that I know stuff like this wont happen again?

I guess the anger from this stems from last year when a friends daughter took a boys hand and put it down her pants! I don't want anything like that happening!!

So should I just let this go? Should I talk to the teacher more about it? It's fall break so I won't even e able to call the school back until Tuesday.. But, what should I do? I just don't feel very satisfied that this will be taken care of after the conversation I just had with the teacher.... Idk what to do..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this

You did everything that you can do and at this point you need to trust that the teacher and the school will handle it.  You have to realize that only your child is your business, and due to privacy laws the teacher, or any staff member, is not permitted to discuss anything about another student with you.

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Wow!  I would definitely be talking to the teacher!  I would also consider talking to the principal so they can maybe make a school wide policy of how situations like this should be handled. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure that this isn't the first time that something like this has happend and I'm equally as sure that the school already has a policy in place for dealing with situations like this.

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

Wow!  I would definitely be talking to the teacher!  I would also consider talking to the principal so they can maybe make a school wide policy of how situations like this should be handled. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting steelcrazy:

I agree completely Steel! If you think this is the first or last time something of this nature will occur, then you are sadly mistaken. Steel is also correct, you will not ever be privy to the actual discipline of students other than your own. Relax and know you handled it. There is really nothing else to be done.
little.worthen
by Tess on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Yeah I get that. I'm not so much worried about her punishment as much as I'm worried about my kid being exposed to something like that. I was thinking along the lines of, more adults out on recess because there obviously isn't enough to watch everyone.. Just something to kinda.. Console me if you will.. Something that says, "we won't let this happen to your son again."

I mean, by the way he was talking my son was CLEARLY uncomfortable and didn't know how to handle the situation.. I'm just glad that he 1. Closed his eyes, and 2. Felt that he could talk to me about it..

Quoting steelcrazy:

You did everything that you can do and at this point you need to trust that the teacher and the school will handle it.  You have to realize that only your child is your business, and due to privacy laws the teacher, or any staff member, is not permitted to discuss anything about another student with you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting little.worthen:

Teach him if he's uncomfortable to WALK AWAY. Trust me when I tell you that he is going to be exposed to a lot worse than boobs lol The ONLY way to prevent this is homeschool, however, if he plays in the neighborhood with other kids he will also learn things.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

This really isn't abnormal behavior for kids that age. It doesn't sound there's any reason for you to believe the teacher isn't handling it appropriately. 

Just becuase she didn't say she'd contact the parents doesn't mean she won't. She can't talk to you about she will handle another child. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

There could be 100 adults out at recess. It takes a child less than a second to lift up a shirt.  There's no way to prevent incidents like this from ever happening. 

Quoting little.worthen:

Yeah I get that. I'm not so much worried about her punishment as much as I'm worried about my kid being exposed to something like that. I was thinking along the lines of, more adults out on recess because there obviously isn't enough to watch everyone.. Just something to kinda.. Console me if you will.. Something that says, "we won't let this happen to your son again."

I mean, by the way he was talking my son was CLEARLY uncomfortable and didn't know how to handle the situation.. I'm just glad that he 1. Closed his eyes, and 2. Felt that he could talk to me about it..

Quoting steelcrazy:

eviesmom453
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Did you read the OP? She DID talk to the teacher.

OP, Call Obama and CNN.. This is some serious shit!

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

LOL

Quoting eviesmom453:

Did you read the OP? She DID talk to the teacher.

OP, Call Obama and CNN.. This is some serious shit!

Quoting XOXOnBubbles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)