Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What kind of watch do you have?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 23 Replies

When I want to know what time it is I look at my cell phone, the clock on the wall at work, or the clock on my dresser. If you have a watch what kind is it, not the brand name,  just describe it.

Bonus Question: Does your child know how to tell time?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I don't have a watch. If I did it would be digital, and it would be black so it could go with everything.

Bonus Question:

My second grader is learning to tell time on an analog clock. My tween and teen can tell time, my youngest son can not tell time.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I have a little keychain one I hook onto my jeans beltloop. I love it- if I'm somewhere w/ lousy cell phone reception and no clock handy (like Walmart), I can still know what time it is : )

Both boys can tell time on a digital and analog clock. Dd can read a digital, and is learning how to read analog.

ambercates
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Use my phone! My ds is 5 and can read digital clocks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

That sounds convenient.  More handy than getting your cell phone out of your purse or pocket.

Quoting wakymom:

I have a little keychain one I hook onto my jeans beltloop. I love it- if I'm somewhere w/ lousy cell phone reception and no clock handy (like Walmart), I can still know what time it is : )

Both boys can tell time on a digital and analog clock. Dd can read a digital, and is learning how to read analog.

mommasaint
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I also use my phone. My 3 older kids (10, 9 and 6) can tell time, my 5 year old is still figuring out the minutes, but she can do the hour. We've never used a digital clock as our main clock in the house so they caught on really fast. 

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I'm old school and I like wearing wristwatches. Though it has to be with a leather band as metal bands give me a rash. When I was little, I thought it was a very grown-up thing to have. The (analog) watch I'm wearing right now is round, easy-to-read face, black hands, distinctive red seconds hand, black leather wristband. Our second-grader is currently learning to tell time.

banana-bear
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
My cell is my watch, haha. My oldest, who is 6, can tell both analog and digital time. My youngest, who is 3 (almost 4), can tell digital time only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I wonder what the statistics are on watch sales. It probably goes down every year and started when many people started buying cell phones.

Tracys2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Mine is a rotary dial with regular (not roman) numerals.

It's kind of small and water-resistant. My oldest can pretty much tell time with it, but my 3 and 5 year old, no. 

I look at it 1 million times a day and it's been broken for months and I get a new one on Friday for my birthday. If I find myself where there is no wall clock (sunday school room, church, grocery store, walking/running before pickup at preschool) and without a cell phone or it's out of power, I need a watch. That happens several times a day. I don't have my cell phone with me a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)