Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

class coordinator for sons kindergarden class

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so this is my first year at being a class coordinator and I have to put together a fall (halloween) party. I have just one hour. I have a few ideas but could really use some advice on how to make this one hour enjoyable for the kids and adults without a lot of crazy chaos. I know haha. I was thinking about bringing sugar cookies and letting the kids each decorate a couple with fall colored frostings and sprinkles and such. I figured it would be a craft and a snack. I read somewhere that a mom did centers. So I think maybe I,ll take that route so it wouldn't be so messy. So any advice,ideas,or experiences are very welcomed. Thanks a bunch in advance.:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I wonder if you could find low price or somewhere to donate mini pumpkins to decorate with stickers and markers.   

DolphinFan85
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

spooky story time (trun off the lights and use a flashlight to read a childrens halloween book)

halloween picture bingo

halloween coloring pages

costume contest (scariest, prettiest, most creative, most colorful)

candy swap

mmeredith
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I like the spooky story idea. I remember one year we got toliet paper and had teams and tried to make the "it" person a mummy. I always thought that was so much fun.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM
This is a great idea. I know at our local farm stand, the mini pumpkins are 25-50¢ a piece. So it wouldn't be super expensive. You could probably even get them as a donation if you found the right farmer.

Cookie decorating got really messy from what I remember. But the kids had a blast.

Oriental trading also has foam craft kits. They come with everything you need individually wrapped..

Have the kids make vegi "monsters" out of cut up raw vegis.

Break them up into groups and have them make each other into toilet paper mummy's.

Make pinecone birdfeeders.

That's all I've got for now.....

Quoting frndlyfn:

I wonder if you could find low price or somewhere to donate mini pumpkins to decorate with stickers and markers.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I loved the pinecone feeders that we made in school.  Doing crafts with foam stickers and things may be a better option.

Quoting ermka:

This is a great idea. I know at our local farm stand, the mini pumpkins are 25-50¢ a piece. So it wouldn't be super expensive. You could probably even get them as a donation if you found the right farmer.

Cookie decorating got really messy from what I remember. But the kids had a blast.

Oriental trading also has foam craft kits. They come with everything you need individually wrapped..

Have the kids make vegi "monsters" out of cut up raw vegis.

Break them up into groups and have them make each other into toilet paper mummy's.

Make pinecone birdfeeders.

That's all I've got for now.....

Quoting frndlyfn:

JellyBean2g2b
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the ideas. I think I will cross out the cookie idea. I like the story idea with the flash light, I think I'm going to add that one to the list. Thanks again everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Yeah good to cross off cookie idea because kids can be allergic to milk, eggs, etc. Youngest dd has a milk allergy.

Quoting JellyBean2g2b:

Thanks so much everyone for the ideas. I think I will cross out the cookie idea. I like the story idea with the flash light, I think I'm going to add that one to the list. Thanks again everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN