Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
DS has the hardest time remembering to turn his homework in. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can help him remember to do this?

At first I thought it was just because his teacher this year collects homework differently than last year and he has a hard time with change. However school started at the end of August and he is still having a hard time getting his homework turned in on time.

My son is 7 and in the second grade. He has had some learning delays but has not had any official diagnoses. He gets pulled out of class to work on reading and speech/communication issues. He has gotten so much better in the last year but I cannot seem to get him to remember to turn his homework in. He does it, just 1/3 of it doesn't get turned in on time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Replies (21-24):
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Have you talked to the teacher? What does she say?

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Maybe a sticker on his hand as a reminder?

AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM
He will often daydream in class. However he somehow still manages to grasp everything and get good grades. Other than daydreaming he is a good, well behaved student.he does have problems with his memory though. It takes him a lot longer to memorize things than most kids.

Quoting URHonor:

Does he have any other issues remembering the classroom routine? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanTiarra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM
We have discussed it with his teacher. She doesn't really have much to say about it other than agreeing with us that he needs to remember to turn his work in.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Have you talked to the teacher? What does she say?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)