Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your 5 yr old wipe themselves when they go #2?

Dd5 still call me to wipe her when she goes #2 and I don't know how to teach her how to wipe. I've tried to show her and explain it to her but she says her arms aren't long enough, lol! When she does try she never gets herself clean. Does anyone else have this problem?? Ill be so glad when I can get through my dinner without hearing "mom I'm done come wipe me."
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Replies (51-54):
mandyj573
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
My son had a hard time wiping until clean so we have flushable wipes on the back of the toilet. I also send a pack of wipes in his backpack just in case & we have no issues at all. You can get wipes in the same aisles as toilet paper but make sure that what you get is flushable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TATUMSMOMMY456
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
She doesn't go at school at all, she waits until she gets home. I made her wipe herself last night and she whined and cried forever before she wold try and then she used so much toilet paper that she clogged the toilet! But she got the job done!
miss_AP
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Yeah, we have problems here too....working on teaching my 4 year old but the arms just dont reach well. We use flushable wipes and that helps some.

soymujer
by Mikki on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I just got my 7 year old to wipe his own.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)