Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Don't believe everything you hear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Several years ago I was chatting with mother of a student. She was raving about what a great year her child was having with me. So was so pleased they ended up with me because her neighbor had such a horrible experience with her son's fourth grade teacher. 

She proceeds to tell me these horror stories about this witch of a teacher who was verbally abusive to this poor little boy. 

The mom was so glad her daughter had never had a teacher like that because that person should even be allowed to teach!!

Guess what?

I bet you already guessed!

That's right, it was me! The mother had no idea I was the teacher her neighbor had warned her about. The stories she was told were so exaggerated, warped and missing vital details, they painted me to be the worst teacher you could imagine. 

So when you hear about that horrible teacher, consider the source. Go check things out for yourself. 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Replies (31-32):
RLSMOM59
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Meanie :-)

VeronicaTex
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veronica=Former teacher for 21 years

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

lol.  I have a neighbor that always talks bad about teachers, like every.single.teacher.  I work in the district and my kids are close in age to her middle child (my DS and her DD have had the same teacher quite a few times..and my DD had a teacher her DD had also, but a year later) I never had the experiences she did with the teachers.  My kids had great experiences and I never had to complain about or to these teachers.  Then her son was in my class (I'm a para) and stuff came out about the teacher grabbing his arm, and yelling, etc.  I saw it with my eyes, there was no arm grabbing.  There was firm voices bc the kid never listened to the teachers.

I agree with you  Don't beleive everything you hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN