Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
on sunday i am supposed to in look at a house for rent in a different school district than my son goes to. the house is a 3 bed house that includes water sewer and garbage in rent and allows cats and dogs. these are all things my family needs. plus the apartment my family is in has someone i think is a pedophile across the courtyard. here is the thing, ds is in 1 grade and has told me flat out he doesnt want to change schools. i want to respect that. i just dont know what to do. thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Replies (11-14):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Have you talked to the school to see if she can stay through the end of the year?  I would start by talking to them.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM
if you can't afford to stay in the school area, move where you can afford. When DS is paying the bills, he can say where you will live. You're the parent, you make the decisions for your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I would still move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

You do what you feel is best for the whole family. No kid wants to move away from friends and what is familiar. You are the parent.

We moved the summer before ds1 started 2nd gr. Was he happy about it? No! Heck, neither was I! But moving out of the school district we were in, which was declining, and into a much better school district that is ranked one of the top in our state, was best for him and his siblings, so we did it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)