Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Have you started buying anything yet?

* I have got 3 things bought already.... small things

What is on children wanting and what age are they?

Trying to decide on our 6 yr old daughter... of course SHE wants everything haha but its not happening

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
URHonor
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

how about a starter aquarium for the 7 yr old.  just don't get a goldfish. maybe a 10 gallon glass kit. (the cute ones and smaller ones are very hard to care for but if you don't mind cleaning it daily) you could include fish/ocean books too. puzzles, art supplies board games are all good choices. 

Quoting bri2011:

Check toyrus specially abled toy magazine for ideas :)

Quoting mommaof3girls24:

No i havent bought anything yet. Not sure yet what to get them. They are 7, 6 and 5. Seven yr old has ADHD and all 3 have learning delays and youngest has severe speech delay. 

raczac
by Cindi on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I have started and I have finished everything except for stocking suffers that I will get at the last minute probably. I  have two boys 6 and 7. The only reason I am done is I went into Kmart a couple of weeks ago and everything that was on clearance was an extra 50% off. There were things that they have been asking for and things that I know they will love.

careyphotoo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM
We are actually almost done with Christmas shopping for dd who is 2 1/2 we are doing little people and then a jeep power wheels and for DS who is 7 we are doing Legos and then a bike. We are cutting back a lot this year due to family going overboard with presents last year so we are going to start teaching the kids to give as well and be grateful for the things they have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Oh yes I've started shopping! I've gotten the expensive gifts brought, and a few small ones, some stocking stuffers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Have to check out Shutterfly. Thanks!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I can't wait to see eveyone's faces when they open them! They've been hounding me for the picture but I know it'll just it in a drawer bsomewhere. As a plate they can use it and it's not a dust collector.I LOVE Shutterfly!

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

Thanks a good idea for the grandparents. Thanks!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Yes, I've started...I usually start in July.

Last spring one of DD's art projects was in the district's art show. I took a picture of it and made dinner plates of the image on Shutterfly for my mom, DD, MIL and aunt. I love them and can't wait to see their faces when they open them up!

Not sure what DD's big gift will be but DS is getting a camera.

KRIZZ25
we always talk about "bad moms"what about "bad dads" ?
Yesterday at 1:57 PM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM
3 kids 7 year old twins ,11 year old girl.. and yes i have..
LexRi0709
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM
I haven't really started yet. I got one of mine a blanket, but not sure who I'm going to give it to.

As far as family, they always get some kind of cookie or brownie in a jar mix. I make it myself.

I was hoping to get the girls bunkbeds, but since I lost my income last month, that's not going to happen. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas yet. Both girls say they want dreamlights, so one of the grandparents may get that for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SHORTSHORT
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM

no i don't even know where to begin

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Ds is 7. He asked for an Ipod Touch, a Dreamlite penguin, and the new Super Mario Bros. 2 game for his 3DS. So those are on my Toys R Us layway, to be picked up by the end of the month. I have a few other gifts bought and stashed away...an art set or two, books, Legos. I plan to get him some pjs, an outfit or two, Skylanders Giants, and maybe the new remote control car that can go in snow, water, or land....Hot Wheels tough terrain or whatever it's called.

TroyboysMom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

We just have DS to buy for - we have a couple of things socked away - a remote control helicopter, and a couple of books. I have a list of things for the rest of it. He's been really into cooking lately, and wants several cooking sets he's seen on Amazon. We're also thinking of a digital photo frame, since he's been into photography lately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)