Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How do you handle this?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
  • 26 Replies
How would you handle if your son or daughter was best friends with your enemies child? Obviously you wouldnt keep your kid from being friends with them. But what if down the line a sleepover or party or they wanted to hang out after school? How do you handle this?

boy kissing mombootreat those that are older than you as your grandparents, those your own age as your brothers and sisters, and those who are younger than you as your children. the world is one big family. -master cheng yen-

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Enemies!?  Are you in junior high!?  I'm sorry, but that just sounds so immature.  To answer your question, you act like an adult and do what's best for your child, which is encouraging the friendship and allowing them to hang out.

jillbailey26
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have enemies.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Cindy18
by Cruella on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you a Super Hero?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM

OMG!  Coffee is now all over my keyboard!  LMAO!

Quoting Cindy18:

Are you a Super Hero?

sunflowers12
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:23 PM

i would think by this time in life everyone could be a grown up about things and what ever the issues were as younger ppl it would be all water under the bridge sorta speak.. setting an example for the kids to me would be more important..

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM

As long as I felt that our dislike of each other isn't affecting how my child is treated in her home I would have no problem with it. My daughter has a friend whose mother and I have had a couple issues. Nothing big, we just don't speak often and probably disagree a lot when it comes to parenting, but I know that the family loves my daughter and the friend and her get along very well. I'm not going to deny her that friend, just because her mom and I don't see eye to eye on everything.

MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Um i don't have enemies. i am a adult now also it wouldn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I don't really have enemies, so I am not sure how to answer the question. I don't keep my son from any of his friends no matter what I think of the parents. As long as they are nice to my child I don't care what they think of me.

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Quoting Cindy18:

Are you a Super Hero?

rolling on floor

aetrom
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM
We have a few. Sadly. And not our doing. But the kids are still friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN