Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

5 year old worried about bullies (piog)

Posted by   + Show Post

My five year old started kindergarten this year, and is in a charter school for technology,math, and science. She is her teachers favorite student, has many friends, is quite "popular" amongst her peers both at school and in daycare. Everyone that has ever met her loves her, and she's an absolute delight. 

Lately, however, she has been complaining about the clothes she has and how I do her hair. She has nice things, while not all name brand, they aren't Walmart or thrift store. We are wrestling fans and she has several wrestling t-shirts that she refuses to wear anymore BC she days the boys will make fun of her ( they never have, in fact, the boys have played with her BC of her shirts). I put her hair up in a bun today and she said people would laugh at her, so when she got home I asked if anyone made fun of her and she said no, and that her teacher said she was pretty.

To my knowledge,she has never been made fun of, her teachers from school and pre k have had nothing but good things to say, and have said she's not had problems with classmates. How do I ease her mind that she has nothing to worry about?

Here's a pic of her.

by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Replies (21-21):
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM

She is adorable.

I let my girls dress themselves and do their own hair now. Honestly, the way they sometimes look when they walk out of the house, I'm amazed they don't get picked on. But no one ever does and they have friends.

Maybe give her more choice in the clothes she picks and the way she fixes her hair. Buy her easy clips to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN