Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Classmate slapped my DD

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 26 Replies

My DD (who is seven and in 2nd grade) has been having issues with a few mean girls at school. Also with two boys that are actually in her class. Today after getting off the bus, she looked really upset so I asked her what was wrong, she told me that a girl who is also a classmate, slapped her on the bus ride home. I have emailed the teacher as soon as I got home. I have also set her up with the school counselor to talk to about the other school bullies. I just dont know what else to do for her. She's been so depressed when she comes home, and two of the mean girls that ride the bus are neighborhood kids, so I know for a fact how mean these girls can get (one of the girls told my DD that she hated her just because she was playing with someone else instead of her.) I just feel so horrible about my DD having to deal with this. She's such a good girl, makes good grades, and so funny. My next door neighbor's son has told me that some kids are mean to her at school.

It made me sad today when she told me she didnt want to make anymore friends.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I would also contact the bus transportation department and the principal. They need to file a report of this incident happening. And if too many things happen on the bus they have it on record and can remove the child that is causing the issues or misbehaving.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Has she spoken to her teacher about it? Our school has a very serious policy on bullying which slapping and saying mean things is.  I wonder for her self confidence and to make different friends if a martial arts class would help.   I am a shy person so people thought i would be easy "prey"" to their meanness until i fought back, always with words. Only once it got physical and i didnt get in trouble since it was self defense.

Serenitymom
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Well it happend on the way home from school. I had asked if she talked with the bus driver about it and DD said no, that she told this girls sister about it. -.-;
I had to explain to her that she has to tell an adult about these things. I talked with my neighbor about it and she knows this girls mother. She text her and apparently this girls side of the story is that someone else was tickling her and she accidentally smacked her. But I'll talk to DD in the morning about that, and if DD says that's not true then I will contact the transportation people

Quoting frndlyfn:

Has she spoken to her teacher about it? Our school has a very serious policy on bullying which slapping and saying mean things is.  I wonder for her self confidence and to make different friends if a martial arts class would help.   I am a shy person so people thought i would be easy "prey"" to their meanness until i fought back, always with words. Only once it got physical and i didnt get in trouble since it was self defense.

Serenitymom
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Thank you. I will definitally look into doing that.

Quoting kmrtigger:

I would also contact the bus transportation department and the principal. They need to file a report of this incident happening. And if too many things happen on the bus they have it on record and can remove the child that is causing the issues or misbehaving.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I meant the times when someone is being mean to her at school.  Yes on the bus she needs to tell the driver as soon as she can.  If she can, she needs to sit far away from the students who treat her badly so no more accidents happen.   At this age they are good at lying to cover their own butts.

Quoting Serenitymom:

Well it happend on the way home from school. I had asked if she talked with the bus driver about it and DD said no, that she told this girls sister about it. -.-;
I had to explain to her that she has to tell an adult about these things. I talked with my neighbor about it and she knows this girls mother. She text her and apparently this girls side of the story is that someone else was tickling her and she accidentally smacked her. But I'll talk to DD in the morning about that, and if DD says that's not true then I will contact the transportation people

Quoting frndlyfn:

Serenitymom
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Sometimes she does. Not always, she has this habit of telling an older kid instead of telling an adult. Not sure why... but I did set her up with the school counselor to help with the other kids at school. It seems to me its either at recess or on the bus, so I'm trying to get her into the idea of telling an adult.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I meant the times when someone is being mean to her at school.  Yes on the bus she needs to tell the driver as soon as she can.  If she can, she needs to sit far away from the students who treat her badly so no more accidents happen.   At this age they are good at lying to cover their own butts.

Quoting Serenitymom:

Quoting frndlyfn:

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Accident or not (which I don't believe that, but let's say that's the truth) , if my kid accidentally slapped ANYONE, I would be mortified, and apologizing. I feel for your dd as well. :( you should speak with neutral kids on the bus. I'm not saying your kid is lying. When DS's friend body slammed him to the ground, punched in the stomach, and bloodied DS's nose, I did believe him, the other boy tried to say my kid started it. However, the friend was in the fetal position, sobbing and rocking. Looks guilty. Anyway, I spoke with the other kids there, who backed up DS, and the friends dad just said, 'oh, boys will be boys'. Really?! So, it's okay to attack my kid, bloody his nose, because DS was annoying him, by repeating the kids name. Yes, my kid is annoying, I tell him that. But annoying doesn't equal what happened.

Anyway, sorry, I OT'ed. Lol kids are jerks. :(

Quoting Serenitymom:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Serenitymom
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

They do have a video camera on the bus, so I'll see if she sat up front or in the back, but I'll find out how to resolve this. I was kinda thinking that if it was 'accidental' then DD wouldn't have still been so upset after getting off the bus because she would have known it was an accident. But then again this girl is mean so even if it was an accident she probably didn't even apologize or acted like she cared. School is so rough!

Quoting BuckeyezRule:

Accident or not (which I don't believe that, but let's say that's the truth) , if my kid accidentally slapped ANYONE, I would be mortified, and apologizing. I feel for your dd as well. :( you should speak with neutral kids on the bus. I'm not saying your kid is lying. When DS's friend body slammed him to the ground, punched in the stomach, and bloodied DS's nose, I did believe him, the other boy tried to say my kid started it. However, the friend was in the fetal position, sobbing and rocking. Looks guilty. Anyway, I spoke with the other kids there, who backed up DS, and the friends dad just said, 'oh, boys will be boys'. Really?! So, it's okay to attack my kid, bloody his nose, because DS was annoying him, by repeating the kids name. Yes, my kid is annoying, I tell him that. But annoying doesn't equal what happened.

Anyway, sorry, I OT'ed. Lol kids are jerks. :(

Quoting Serenitymom:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Proud-young-mom
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
And its more and more stories like this. Thank God i homeschool. Who has time to worry about bullies. When schoolwork is stressful enough. Im the type of parent that would want revenge. No way a kid hitting by kid and getting away with it. Im sueing their parents. I dont send my kid to school to be attack. And i dont even hit my kid. Id be damn if a stranger did. Nothing but low class people that do know how to raise kids. I feel for the kid. But id feel more for them up against me. Mama bear
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TATUMSMOMMY456
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Oh that breaks my heart!! My dd is 5 and is really shy and often says things about not having any friends at school and stuff like that and it upsets me so bad. Could you set up a parent meeting with these kids parents?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)