Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

no halloween

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM
  • 22 Replies
i spent like 50 on a brand new halloween costume for my 6 year old ds. not 3 hours later he ripped the shirt in half and broke the handcuffs to pieces. so looks like he will he will be spending halloween at home while his younger sisters are out trick or treating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this

If I buy costumes they get tried on and then go to the costume box in the basement, so I have never had a costume broken before used. 

mommy06and09
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM
the costume was only on him for 5 min. he and his 3 year old sister were arguing over his walki talki so a took it and while i was putting in the toy time out box her was busy destroying his costume.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

If I buy costumes they get tried on and then go to the costume box in the basement, so I have never had a costume broken before used. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It happens.... I just have been fortunate to never have to turn my back..... although fitting costumes doesn't happen here often... we need them too big to go over snowsuits.

Quoting mommy06and09:

the costume was only on him for 5 min. he and his 3 year old sister were arguing over his walki talki so a took it and while i was putting in the toy time out box her was busy destroying his costume.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

janitablue
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I am sorry that you had to spend money on  your son's costume and he did not appreciate it. Maybe you can let him go in his regular clothes for trick or treating. When you son see all the kids dress up in their costume he will regret what he did.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I never would have spent $50 in the first place, but that's just me...

I say let him stay home, it's just Halloween. It's a little harder when he has siblings who will still go out. And if the costume broke that easily I would have returned it.

BuckeyezRule
by Laura on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM
How difficult. :( my dd used to cut her clothes. It was so frustrating! It will be hard, but I agree with your punishment of making him stay home. Hopefully he will think before he does something like that again.

It's harder on us sometimes to enforce the punishment. Not that I feel bad, usually, I just get sick of hearing mine whine. Lol
kelliewhitney
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Totally spot on.

natesmom1228
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That is exactly what I would do also.

LoveMyLos
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I wont even spend 20 on a costume. I wouldnt take toting away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Please tell me you're not punishing your son because you spent too much money on a piece of garbage costume.

Just go to goodwill and get him something else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)