Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My little boy is in tears because...

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

My poor little boy (who is in kindergarten and just turned 6 last week) just came home in tears, his basketball coach up and quit tonight, didn't even show up to practice or tell anyone, 3 poor sad little kids showed up to practice and no one was there. I will be making a very angry phone call tomorrow, I had to promise my son that I would work on getting him transfered onto a different team and it took forever to get him settled down and to bed tonight.  I feel so bad for him, my dad (who takes him to his sports practices so he can have guy bonding time since my son's dad walked away when he was 8 months old) said that the 3 kids that showed up for tonights practice were all in tears when someone finally got ahold of the youth center that they go through and they found out the coach just up and quit.  They could have called us and let us know!

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sure it was a surprise for everyone. Calling and yelling at someone who had NO control over the situation won't help. Just calmly work on finding a new coach. Good luck!
CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Awe. Poor kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw! I hope they find a new coach soon!!

snowmommy0406
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quoting mjande4:

I am sure it was a surprise for everyone. Calling and yelling at someone who had NO control over the situation won't help. Just calmly work on finding a new coach. Good luck!

When one of our parents called the youth center, they knew the coach had quit, they didn't call any of the parents to tell them, so they just let us show up with kids in tow who were ready to practice.  I am more angry that the youth center knew, but they didn't tell us.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Maybe they didn't know soon enough or several other crisises happened & they couldn't call.

I agree w mjande, call & calmly talk to them about getting on another team.

October is Celiac Awareness Month - did you know that only about 1 out of every 5 or 6 people who have Celiac Disease are diagnosed?  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (42) David (55) Augie (5) Alex (3)

momof754
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM
What about maybe suggesting your dad coach the team? Seems to me that would be good bonding time and the kids still get to play. Good luck. It sucks that the coach didn't at least say goodbye, but then again you don't know for sure why he quit anyhow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Oh, bless his heart.  Hopefully you guys can find a new team for him to play on and for those other boys too.

Good luck!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)