Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Birthday party ideas

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
My son is in Kindergarten and I was thinking about inviting his class for his birthday party. His birthday is in January so I need some ideas?! He is going to a classmates party t a bowling ally this weekend sobi don't want to be a copycat with the bowling idea. Kwim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmp1279
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Indoor mini golf, arcade, chuck e cheese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

What are his interests?  You can easily plan a theme party around his interests.

MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Michael's craft stores have some really cool ideas for in store parties. What about a swimming party at a local health club? Do you have an roller skating rink nearby?

Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM
There's all sorts of party places around here. Bouncy houses, trampoline areas, arcades, paint ball arenas. Tons of fun options
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Roller skating, ice skating, bounce house places, indoor swimming, some fire stations will do parties, Michael's. Around here, we have a place where the kids paint pottery and one where they are taught how to paint on canvas.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

My daughter has been to a party at the Nature Center, Zoo, Arboretum, gymnastics gym, dance studio, and the community center.  You can also have them at skating rinks, restaurants, pools, etc.  It really depends on what your son is into.  My daughter's 6th birthday will be a camping party at the local nature preserve group campsite. 

auroragold
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Winter wonderland (indoors or out!)

*I only do home parties...*

GunaBmommaof3
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Good ideas ladies! I wish there was a bounce house place nearby but there isn't. I've thought about roller skating or ice skating, but was thinking they might be too young?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think kindergarten is too young for roller/ice skating parties. When ds1 was 3, he was invited to a neighbor's roller skating party- the b-day boy was in kindergarten and the kids had a blast.

GunaBmommaof3
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM
He loves cars, trucks, planes, trains, and dragons. Lol

Quoting steelcrazy:

What are his interests?  You can easily plan a theme party around his interests.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN