Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teacher Christmas gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
I need ideas what to give my kids' teachers for Christmas...Kindergarten and Pre-k.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
signingmama2915
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm making my ds' teacher an energy kit, I'm using old baby wipe container and putting in an energy bar, chocolate, emer-gen-c, tea, hot chocolate and maybe gum. Then im having DH make a label for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rriley
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I always get some supplies for the class. Often they use their own money for extra supplies. I do stick a few things in that I think they will enjoy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Almost every teacher in my sons school has one of those hanging in the room so just make sure they don't have a few already. Its a great idea but a very common one.

Quoting ANR1390:

A friend of mine gave me a great idea...Ill share it incase someone else needs ideas.

http://www.chiccheapnursery.com/2011/do-it-yourself/diy-how-to-make-a-crayon-monogram/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
O.Schmidt
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I'm a pampered chef consultant and I always give the teachers a stainless steel whisk and put hershies kisses in side and make a card that says "Merry Whiskmas" and the teachers LOVE it! She is in Kindergarten now and I did that for all her daycare and pre school teachers the last 5 years

Can't beat $10 for the whisk and a few dollars for a bag of kisses. Makes for a great inexpensive gift

aj23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I found my sons teacher on Pinterest and she has a lot of pins of things she likes and crafts for the classroom. One of them was a decorated straw dispenser as a pencil holder so I'm goinng to make that for her and fill it with pencils. My plan B is an Amazon gift card since she had a few things pinned that could be bought on Amazon.
I really like her and she's been a huge help to me so I'm spending a little more this year then I would any other year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

GIFT CARDS!  Either to places you know they like or generic ones (i.e. visa) in any denomination that you feel comfortable with and fits your budget!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Kris_PBG:

GIFT CARDS!  Either to places you know they like or generic ones (i.e. visa) in any denomination that you feel comfortable with and fits your budget!

I really like this idea - I think this is what I'll do.  Then they can either get something they need for the classroom or pamper themselves.  I think even $5 is good - they know you have a limited budget, but several families giving $5 can really help with classroom stuff or for a treat for themselves.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I usually do a Barnes and Nobles gift card, along with one to Staples or another local store so they can buy stuff for the class if they need. The kids will make a card too. Throughout the year, my oldest has paid attention to what his teachers are into (hobby, sports team, anything like that) and he will use his money to get them something.
LilyBeansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Keep in mind that as special as "keepsakes" are, there are how many students in each class times how many years of teaching? They can only keep so much! Consumable items or things they can use for the classroom are usually a better idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

If you know other parents, a big gift card is good. I have no creativity, so I usually have the kids make a card and put in a $10 gift card. I figure they can trade GCs with other teachers if they don't like what they got. The kid's card is the sentimental part.

I know lots of teachers, and anything teacher-y is likely they already have. Stuff they can eat/use up is good. Ie foods if you know they like the foods and like homemade soaps or stuff if they like spa-y stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)