Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teacher Christmas gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
I need ideas what to give my kids' teachers for Christmas...Kindergarten and Pre-k.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
natesmom1228
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I always give giftcards with a hand written note.

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

GIFT CARDS!  Either to places you know they like or generic ones (i.e. visa) in any denomination that you feel comfortable with and fits your budget!

I usually give a $10 one for Tim Hortons. There is something there if you don't drink coffee.

MsLogansMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

If a person was to go the route of getting class supplies for the class what are the ones that are the most useful

queencreekmom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM
When I taught I loved getting lotions, gift cards, home baked goods, handwritten cards, ornaments, stuff like that. Once a mom made me a CD of instrumental music, I really liked that!
aj23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

What kind of card would you suggest when there are no stores around? Where i live the only places that offer gift cards are Walmart, JCP, Kroger, Applebees and fast food places. It's an hour drive to get anywhere else and the Visa type cards are $5 just to buy them. 
I'm getting my sons teacher an Amazon card either for Christmas or end of the year because I know she has a wish list on Pinterest full of things from Amazon but there are a couple of other people at the school I don't know much about and need a gift for and I hate giving Walmart cards.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

GIFT CARDS!  Either to places you know they like or generic ones (i.e. visa) in any denomination that you feel comfortable with and fits your budget!

Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Amazon sounds like a great solution then! 

Amazon has nearly everything on there - so it sounds like a gift card to there would probably match anyone's needs!  :)

Another idea is to a local grocery store -everyone buys food, right?  :)

I agree - I won't buy a card that has a price beyond the "sticker" value of the card - total waste when there are so many options that do not charge for this.

Quoting aj23:

What kind of card would you suggest when there are no stores around? Where i live the only places that offer gift cards are Walmart, JCP, Kroger, Applebees and fast food places. It's an hour drive to get anywhere else and the Visa type cards are $5 just to buy them. 
I'm getting my sons teacher an Amazon card either for Christmas or end of the year because I know she has a wish list on Pinterest full of things from Amazon but there are a couple of other people at the school I don't know much about and need a gift for and I hate giving Walmart cards.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I need ideas too
calsmom62
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Our schools have really tight limits on dollar values of gifts. The room mom collects money, gets an amex card, and buys a few small things the teacher can use and puts it together... Throughout the year we buy books on the teacher's wishlist from the classroom scholastic.com site..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I usually do gift cert to Tjmaxx for the main teacher and then something small like lindt chocolate for the other teachers in the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

We usually just do giftcards to Panera for ds' teachers. I figure everyone can find something they like there...soup, salad, sandwiches, baked goods, bagels, coffee...as a bonus, it's about 5 min. from the school so the teacher could use her giftcard during her lunch hour if she desired, or pick up a quick dinner after staying late at school some night.

I'm part of the PTA and this year we are doing a "wish tree" for the teachers. Each teacher was given a few paper mittens with their name on it and they are supposed to write a classroom wish item on each mitten. They'll be hung on a tree in the school. Parents can pick one and buy the item. So that will help some people get stuff the teachers really want and need (and I think we had the other staff members fill out mittens, too). I saw a few today...wishes for Kleenex, clear contact paper to cover books with, and giftcards to Half Price Books. So I think we'll have a wide range of different priced items, hopefully a lot of families will participate. I plan to pick something off the tree for dh's 2nd grade teacher (and we'll still give her a giftcard), and we're also gonna buy a little something from his former 1st and K teachers' wishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)