Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teacher Christmas gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
I need ideas what to give my kids' teachers for Christmas...Kindergarten and Pre-k.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

anything but gift cards.  Df's mom is a teacher and her wallet is exploding with all the gift cards she gets each year.

I like the idea of having the kids decorate dollar store mugs with sharpies.  

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I only have one teacher to buy for and DD's really excited to give her first real teacher a gift so we got really into it. We went with a cake baking theme since her teacher likes to bake. We filled a basket with some cool cake cookbooks, icing, simple dry ingredients, a few cake mixes, etc. It turned out to be really cute. You could do something smaller scale like a coffe mug (you can buy from a thrift store) with some small, flavored coffes and a cute stirrer. Then cover it in seran wrap and tie a bow at the top with a cute note and a fun coffee related recipe (maybe for a fun gingerbread coffee).  

raczac
by Cindi on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
I am painting and putting school scrapbook paper on giant clothes pin for the teachers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Last year, I purchase a collection of candles from the Bath & Body shop and gave a VISA gift card. I will do the same this year, for both teachers.

BeachLifeMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I normally do gift cards but this year is money is tight. For dd's 1st grade teacher and asst. teacher we're giving them hot/cold tumbler cup ( DIY personalized their name) and inside I'm putting coffee and Crystal Light packets to go, flavor teas, and red velvet cake pops. Then for dd's 6 enrichment teachers we're making chalkboard mugs and putting coffee & Crystal Light packets to go, teas, and cake pops as well.
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I am the room parent and I am requesting $2 per parent to get a $40 gift card for the teacher. I also bought some chocolate covered almonds for him.
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Quoting Firenygirl180:

anything but gift cards.  Df's mom is a teacher and her wallet is exploding with all the gift cards she gets each year.

She should use them! The teachers I know are tired of homemade stuff they have too much.
CafeMom Tickers
Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

She has tons for food places that she really can't eat at.  She uses the Barnes and Noble ones and a few of the others, but for the most part she can't use the food gift cards.  She'd love it if she got them for Pier one because that's where she buys gifts for myself and her daughter in law.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

She should use them! The teachers I know are tired of homemade stuff they have too much.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Quoting Firenygirl180:

that sucks that is poor buying I have a list of places dd's teacher loves.
CafeMom Tickers
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Home made chocolate treats! On my list i have "thin mint" truffles, chocolate covered cookie dough balls, buckeyes, and eggnog truffles. I am going to a clear bowl and rubber band candy canes all around the bowl and fill it up with the chocolates individually wrapped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)