Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teacher Christmas gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
I need ideas what to give my kids' teachers for Christmas...Kindergarten and Pre-k.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
When we do gift cards we do the visa ones that can be used anywhere.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

She has tons for food places that she really can't eat at.  She uses the Barnes and Noble ones and a few of the others, but for the most part she can't use the food gift cards.  She'd love it if she got them for Pier one because that's where she buys gifts for myself and her daughter in law.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

anything but gift cards.  Df's mom is a teacher and her wallet is exploding with all the gift cards she gets each year.

I like the idea of having the kids decorate dollar store mugs with sharpies.  

She should use them! The teachers I know are tired of homemade stuff they have too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM

She'd love those!  I was going to add that she'd be happy with Meijer gift cards but her students(parents) always gift her ones for nicer restaurants and things and then it is only enough for her, which makes sense, but she has a daughter with Down Syndrome she pretty much takes everywhere with her.  

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

She has tons for food places that she really can't eat at.  She uses the Barnes and Noble ones and a few of the others, but for the most part she can't use the food gift cards.  She'd love it if she got them for Pier one because that's where she buys gifts for myself and her daughter in law.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

anything but gift cards.  Df's mom is a teacher and her wallet is exploding with all the gift cards she gets each year.

She should use them! The teachers I know are tired of homemade stuff they have too much.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My husbands family has this unwritten list of gift do's and donts. If you buy an electronic gift, you buy batteries to go with it. If you buy a gift card for the movie theater, you put enough on their to cover at least two tickets and treats, you gift a knife, you put a coin with it, you buy a restraunt gift card you you buy enough to cover two people...it is rude to do otherwise.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

She'd love those!  I was going to add that she'd be happy with Meijer gift cards but her students(parents) always gift her ones for nicer restaurants and things and then it is only enough for her, which makes sense, but she has a daughter with Down Syndrome she pretty much takes everywhere with her.  

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Your husband sounds like my dad. I think that is a great list he is very thoughtful cause you dont want the gift to end up costing the person money. its too bad more people dont think like that

Quoting daughteroftruth:

My husbands family has this unwritten list of gift do's and donts. If you buy an electronic gift, you buy batteries to go with it. If you buy a gift card for the movie theater, you put enough on their to cover at least two tickets and treats, you gift a knife, you put a coin with it, you buy a restraunt gift card you you buy enough to cover two people...it is rude to do otherwise.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting Firenygirl180:

jurnee14
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I usually do a gift card, a handwritten card and depending on the teacher and what they like, lotions, homemade cookies, candles, etc.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting O.Schmidt:

I'm a pampered chef consultant and I always give the teachers a stainless steel whisk and put hershies kisses in side and make a card that says "Merry Whiskmas" and the teachers LOVE it! She is in Kindergarten now and I did that for all her daycare and pre school teachers the last 5 years

Can't beat $10 for the whisk and a few dollars for a bag of kisses. Makes for a great inexpensive gift

That's really cute and I've never seen it before :)

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

last year I did a gift basket full of homemade treats, chocolate covered pretzel rods, mini banana bread loaves, cake pops and magic spoons with a mug and some hot chocolate.

teri4lance
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM

we have done personalized gifts - one year we got those birdhouse kits at hobby lobby, kids built them and painted them for their teacher. wrote a silly story and painted it onto the birdhouse on 2 sides and illustrated the other two for the LA/reading teacher and did a space scene for science/math teacher - they were HITS

also, gave live aloe plants last year which were home grown - very appreciated

maidjillian
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I think I am making a personalized card from Treat.com and adding a gift card with it.  That way she can use it wherever she wants. 

anamacsmommy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM
We usually make cookies and breads. Then I make a handmade card and get a Visa gift card.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN