Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teacher Christmas gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post
I need ideas what to give my kids' teachers for Christmas...Kindergarten and Pre-k.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (81-83):
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:01 AM
You know, I had the same problem with a cup my dd made me a few weeks ago. Ill have to check it out and get back to you. Not sure....

Quoting jmp1279:

i borrowed this idea for grandparent gifts, but i used serving platers instead.  after baking one of the plates got splattered by what i was fixing for dinner.  i didn't know that until i went to put them up, by stacking them on each other.  so i go into wash it, gently, but some of the design came off.   does that usually happen?  i was able to retrace the design but i will have to bake it again tomorrow since i am about to go to bed.   what can i do to keep that from happening in the future if they get something on them? 

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Grab some sharpies and a porcelain dollar store mug. Have kid write or draw on it, and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Instant sentimental keepsake.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jmp1279
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Thanks

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

You know, I had the same problem with a cup my dd made me a few weeks ago. Ill have to check it out and get back to you. Not sure....

Quoting jmp1279:

i borrowed this idea for grandparent gifts, but i used serving platers instead.  after baking one of the plates got splattered by what i was fixing for dinner.  i didn't know that until i went to put them up, by stacking them on each other.  so i go into wash it, gently, but some of the design came off.   does that usually happen?  i was able to retrace the design but i will have to bake it again tomorrow since i am about to go to bed.   what can i do to keep that from happening in the future if they get something on them? 

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Grab some sharpies and a porcelain dollar store mug. Have kid write or draw on it, and bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Instant sentimental keepsake.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christmaslver68
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM

found out if don't already have what hobbies they like to do outside of teaching and get them something realted to that....my children got their teacher some gardening items last year because she loves to garden but I was told to try and stay away from mugs or things like that because that is what everyone gets them and they can only use a certain amount of mugs.  I even did cookie mix in a jar one year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)