Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

InnoTab 2s .VS. LeapPad 2 .................?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: InnoTab 2s .VS. LeapPad 2 .... Which is better?

Options:

InnoTab 2s

LeapPad 2

Both the same!

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I want to get my 6 year old daughter one of these. They both look really useful ,helpful and interactively  fun  and educational for her.

Which do you recommend?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM
I got the leappad for my dd last christmas. She had just turned 7. Honestly she played with it mabe 4 times thats it! The games they sell are way short and too easy. Dd would finish in an hour. They just dont have alot in the games they were boring! After buying her 6 games and 4 downloaded apps which are crazy expensive I realized she just wasnt going to like it and I just blew a ton of money!! I would get a 6yr old something else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

My DS is getting an Innotab 2 for Christmas, but he's 3 1/2. The games and programs seem geared towards a younger age bracket.

My DD is 9. She loves my Nook Color. She can read books, play games, and other stuff.

What about getting your daughter some kind of kid-friendly tablet? It would give you more flexibility as she grows up.

mommyto3bees
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Leappad
banana-bear
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I was considering a LeapPad until I saw how much the apps cost. Out if this world! I would rather get my kids a Kindle Fire.
BlessednHappy
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I was wondering the same thing, my ds is 6.
janitablue
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I agreed I purchased my son a leapster he outgrew it. good luck

Quoting MissyB1011:

My DS is getting an Innotab 2 for Christmas, but he's 3 1/2. The games and programs seem geared towards a younger age bracket.

My DD is 9. She loves my Nook Color. She can read books, play games, and other stuff.

What about getting your daughter some kind of kid-friendly tablet? It would give you more flexibility as she grows up.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM
We are getting our 5 year old a nabi. Grows with them much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My 6 and 5 yr olds just got LeapPad 2's from my MIL. Some of the apps are expensive, but turns out they are teh full cartidges that are sold in stores, so you need to look around. 

I have had good luck with LeapFrog's customer service, where V-tech was a PITA the one time I had to contact them about something. 

So far my two are doing just fine with what they came with. My 10 yr old had a Leapster Lmax that we still have and they all use.

psychobilly_mom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Thank you all for the great input!

Chymerra
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I'm getting my 5 year old the Innotab 2 for Christmas. We were debating on getting him a tablet but we wanted something that was kid friendly.

Have you looked into the Tabeo from Toys R Us? My mother is getting my DD one for Christmas and the reviews are great on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN