Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Things you do to pick on your kids???

Posted by   + Show Post
All I have to do is put something other than book in her bookshelf..lol...She gets beyond mad lol
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Replies (41-47):
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I don't really get it either.  Not sure why picking on kids would be considered fun.

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Why not??? We all like to pick on our kids...We are not being mean to them

Quoting Basherte:

I don't quite get this post. 

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Quoting disneymom2two:

I don't really get it either.  Not sure why picking on kids would be considered fun.

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Quoting Basherte:

OK, here it goes.  There are three kinds fo teasing.  First is mean teasing - that's what bullies do, and it makes people feel bad. Second is good teasing and that's where both sides are having fun. When I tease my daughter by mis-saying the good night--sleep tight saying, she loves yelling at me that I have it wrong, and we both end up giggling,  and it's our special little "thing."  Third kind of teasing is accidental bad teasing, where the teaser thought it was fun, but it isn't fun for the person being teased. In this case, the teaser stops right away when the teased person says they don't like it.  

What the moms are talking about here is fun teasing, where we "pick" on our kids, but both sides are actually having fun. 

Incidentally, it's a great thing to talk to your kids about the different kinds of teasing.  A common bully/mean girl approach is to say mean things, then say "I'm only joking...why can't you take a joke" and pretend it should have been fun.  Kids should know that that isn't how real friends behave, and that this is just a coward's way of being mean.  Yeah, that's off topics...I've just been reading "Queen Bees and Wannabees" and it's on my mind. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I scare them often and do other things to mess with them. It is fun

ruby_jewel_04
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Oh there's so many. They ask what's for dinner and we say troll brains. I pretend in going to lick their faces to get stuff off and they freak. They ask for a drink and we say "you know where the toilet water is." Just random goofy stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Am I the only one who had an evil grin on their face while reading these?

At least I'm not the only who teases the little ones. But they are at the age where they do it back.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Okay, this makes sense.  I took picking on to be different than good natured teasing/joking.  I was thinking more like the post at Halloween (I think it was on this forum but it could have been one of the other CM forums) where the mom talked about how much she and her DH loved terrifying their children even though she knew that her children hated it.  

Quoting Karen_S:

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting bizkit_fanky:

Quoting Basherte:

OK, here it goes.  There are three kinds fo teasing.  First is mean teasing - that's what bullies do, and it makes people feel bad. Second is good teasing and that's where both sides are having fun. When I tease my daughter by mis-saying the good night--sleep tight saying, she loves yelling at me that I have it wrong, and we both end up giggling,  and it's our special little "thing."  Third kind of teasing is accidental bad teasing, where the teaser thought it was fun, but it isn't fun for the person being teased. In this case, the teaser stops right away when the teased person says they don't like it.  

What the moms are talking about here is fun teasing, where we "pick" on our kids, but both sides are actually having fun. 

Incidentally, it's a great thing to talk to your kids about the different kinds of teasing.  A common bully/mean girl approach is to say mean things, then say "I'm only joking...why can't you take a joke" and pretend it should have been fun.  Kids should know that that isn't how real friends behave, and that this is just a coward's way of being mean.  Yeah, that's off topics...I've just been reading "Queen Bees and Wannabees" and it's on my mind. 

WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM

My son loves oranges. He will eat an entire bag full of them if I let him.  I tell him that if he eats to many, he will turn into an orange. I said this to him the other day and he went up to my husband and asked "Daddy, am I turning orange?"  I almost dyed laughing.  Dh was confused at first, but after I explained why my son asked him that, dh started laughing also.

I also have issues with dd every morning about brushing her hair.  DD thinks that it is okay to just run the brush through her hair a few times and then pin her hair back with a headband. I have to remind her that she needs to make sure she gets all the tangles out when she combs it.  This usually results in an argument. The other day, I got  so tired of her attitude that I told her if she didn't get all the tangles out, that I was going to give her a buzz cut.  She thought I was serious, and took the time to brush her hair thoroughly.  I swear that girl's hair is a hot mess in the morning. It looks like she was spinning on her head in her sleep. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN