Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Worst Mother Ever!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
So I have been up since 5pm yesterday at 2:30 I warn my brother ahead of time to wake me up at 3:10 to get my son because I knew I was going to be dead asleep. Well needless to say my brother forgot to wake me up! I finally picked up my phone around 4 and my DH screams GO GET JOSHUA NOW! I look at the time and run out the door! My son is not traumatize by it he is fine but I feel horrible! I want to cry like who forgets about their son!!! Ugh just looking for some encouraging words maybe I'm not the only one. (big maybe).

I'm talking about picking him up from school. Sorry should of clarified.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Eh, it happens.  You didn't forget him, your brother just wasn't responsible.  Just curious, if DH or your brother were there, why couldn't they get him so you could sleep?

MarShy740
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM
DH was at work which is an hour away. My brother wasn't thinking.
Tracys2
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

IMHO, your only mistake was trusting an untrustworthy brother. A timer would be better.

Your son is fine, so it was pretty much a victimless crime, unless you count yourself, between your DH being a jerk and your making yourself feel guilty.

jurnee14
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

a few yrs ago my mom used to get my son from the bus stop for me, she wasnt feeling well, fell asleep and overslept. They just took him back to the school and I had to go get him, it happens. A few weeks ago one of our cars wassnt running, so my oldest daughter was supposed to get him, she forgot and he had to walk fromthe bus stop, its only 3 blocks, but he wasnt too happy. So her laptop is broke and shes been using his, usually after he's asleep, so he put a password on it so she couldnt get on,lol. he took if off after a day, but he got his point across.

kayandjsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It's ok. Your son is fine. 

This definitely doesn't make you a bad mom.

janitablue
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well said. We are only imperfect human being ........ Accidents happens it was not intentionally

Quoting kayandjsmom:

It's ok. Your son is fine. 

This definitely doesn't make you a bad mom.

banana-bear
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM
You didn't forget your child, you just put trust in the wrong person. I know exactly what you mean about being dead asleep. There would be no alarm in the world that would wake me after being awake so long. No harm, no foul. That doesn't make you a bad mother by any means.
kelliewhitney
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM

It happens!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)